Looking to Interview African-American Med Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JerseyPsych

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, all! I'm a clinical psychology doctoral student taking a class on ethnicity and culture in clinical practice. As part of my final project, I am looking into a population that interests me and with which I am not very familiar. I thought it would be very interesting to speak to some medical students who identify as African American or Black to learn a bit more about some of the positive and/or negative experiences that might accompany that identity. Full disclosure: I'm a white lady myself, so if you're uncomfortable talking about your racial identity/experience with a white person (which is totally understandable), I just want you to be aware. We can meet in person if you're reasonably close to New York City, or use Skype if you're not. Lunch or coffee at your favorite place is on offer if we meet in person. We would talk for about an hour. I'm so interested to hear more about your experiences, and if you have curiosity about my experience as a white doctoral student, I'm more than willing to share too. Please send me an email at [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.