LOR for family medicine residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Borrow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
would it be okay to have three letters of recommendation, one from a obgyn, medicine, and a family med chairman letter? or do i need more letters from family medicine? the problem is that i did my family med rotation a while ago, not knowing i was going into the field, and the preceptor has retired and moved to florida and i have no way of contacting him ( i tried but he kinda fell off the grid after retirement). the other problem is that due to 4th year scheduling a won't be able to do a family med elective in time to get a letter for applications.

is this a serious issue?

fwiw, i honored family med rotation and have a 230 step 1 score

Members don't see this ad.

would it be okay to have three letters of recommendation, one from a obgyn, medicine, and a family med chairman letter? or do i need more letters from family medicine? the problem is that i did my family med rotation a while ago, not knowing i was going into the field, and the preceptor has retired and moved to florida and i have no way of contacting him ( i tried but he kinda fell off the grid after retirement). the other problem is that due to 4th year scheduling a won't be able to do a family med elective in time to get a letter for applications.

is this a serious issue?

fwiw, i honored family med rotation and have a 230 step 1 score

You sound a lot like me. I have an OB letter, a FM letter, and the 3rd was from A surgical rotation I did well in.

I'll find out tomorrow if I'm matched, but im confident I did.

You'll do fine.

Second that. You'll be fine. I used FM, Ob/gyn, IM chairman letter, and rads chairman lor. I alternated my chairman letters matched my 1st choice. What a lot of pds will be looking for is your commitment/conviction to fm in the interview.

You sound a lot like me. I have an OB letter, a FM letter, and the 3rd was from A surgical rotation I did well in.

I'll find out tomorrow if I'm matched, but im confident I did.

You'll do fine.

Did you match?