LOR from a non-English speaking attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seroquel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I currently have 2 letters up on eras and the option to use either a family medicine letter or another psych letter. The issue I have is that the psych attending, who knows me well, does not speak English as a first language and I am afraid that his letter would have several grammatical errors. On the other hand, the family med letter would probably be more generic. Any opinions on which one I should use? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

aren't you leaving it a little late? given this, perhaps you can helpfully draft a letter for this psychiatrist's review. ;) are you worried about grammatical errors because they typically make grammatical errors or is this baseless

Members don't see this ad :)
aren't you leaving it a little late? given this, perhaps you can helpfully draft a letter for this psychiatrist's review. ;) are you worried about grammatical errors because they typically make grammatical errors or is this baseless

Both of them just uploaded their letters so I'm trying to decide which one to use so that I can be complete. All of the psychiatrists' notes that I saw had grammar issues. I could always understand what he was saying but I guess I'm worried if it would hurt me to use his letter.

Both of them just uploaded their letters so I'm trying to decide which one to use so that I can be complete. All of the psychiatrists' notes that I saw had grammar issues. I could always understand what he was saying but I guess I'm worried if it would hurt me to use his letter.
Don't worry--we don't have time to read them TOO carefully.

Reactions: 1 user