LOR from Non-GI Attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AggieDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'll be applying for GI this year, and I have a quick question about LOR's. My mentor who will write one of my LOR's is a nationally known GI attending. Another LOR will be from a general GI attending who we do consults/inpatient procedures with. A third letter will of course be from my PD. So here's my question. I'm thinking about who I would get my fourth LOR from. There is a BIG SHOT nationally known renal attending who I've worked with here at my program, and I have no doubt that she'd write me an excellent LOR. So here's my question...To help my application the most, would it be more beneficial to use an outstanding LOR from her or to get involved with another GI attending and get another LOR from him/her instead?

As always, any help/advice is sincerely appreciated! SDN has never steered me wrong. Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the responses guys. Maybe it is best to just get another GI attending letter!