LOR from rotation @ program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajh1983

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it considered poor form to request a LOR from an audition rotation? My situation is that I'm rotating at a program last month of MS3 and am wondering if there's anything negative about requesting a LOR from the program (assuming I have a good rotation)?

Reasoning is: I may be wanting to come back for a 2nd rotation at this program during audition season this fall, and I feel a LOR from the program could hold some weight.

Members don't see this ad.

Not poor form at all. Students expected to line up 3-4 letters by application season and third year is a great time to start. Especially since under the new ERAS format the letter writers have to upload the letters themselves and it may take weeks or months for a senior physician to get around to it. Just make sure the attending knows you well and has worked with you at least several times so he has something to write about. And get his office staff's contact information. They have to create a username on ERAS and upload it directly so its easier if you work with someone who is more computer savvy.