LOR from two Pharmacists, same Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mavi802

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I need some advice. I work as a tech at a pharmacy and there are two pharmacists that work there. Do you think it would be okay to ask for a letter of recommendation from both or should I just ask for one letter of recommendation from one of them?

I have a LOR from a science professor and science TA lined up already, but one of the schools I want to apply to is UCSD and they require 3 LOR's, and they do not accept letters from TA's.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Two letters from the same place of business is a waste of time. What is one going to tell you that the other will not? Think about it.

Two letters from the same place of business is a waste of time. What is one going to tell you that the other will not? Think about it.
Yes. Don't get two LORs from two pharmacists, get one from a non-science professor if you can't find a science professor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get one from a volunteer coordinator or someone like that if you had one.

It's not a bad idea, just but may not be as good as having a letter from someone in another area.

I had 3 LOR's....all 3 from pharmacists in the same company, same store. I would say to only go that route if they know you better than, say, a professor or anyone else. At the time I applied, I didn't know any professors well enough to give them ample information about me to write a great LOR, so that's the route I took.

For what it's worth, I got into both schools I applied to, one of which is a top 10. Every situation is different and you should go with whoever can best attest to your strengths.