LOR/New Class Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

THRILLHO

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I've done some searching, but I can't find any thread that mirrors my exact situation. I've been out of school for a few years (graduated 2012) and I'm looking to apply to Med Schools next summer. Since I've been out of school for a while and letters of recommendation from a professor are necessary I've decided that I should probably take a new class and try to earn a LOR from a professor next spring. However I'm not sure if I should take a class at a local community college or go to the more expensive state school (University of Minnesota, of which I'm alumnus). Do you guys think that getting a LOR from a community college professor would be of less worth than that of a state school? Should I just bite the bullet, pay more for the UMN class, and let it wreak havoc on my work schedule?

Thanks Much!

Members don't see this ad.

Who the professor is shouldn't matter so much; what does matter is how much that professor knows you and your character, work ethic, etc.

That's good to know. Thanks for the snappy response!