LOR non-science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

novafan3000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't taken a non-science class is 3 years (just took straight science the last 5 semesters) and I highly doubt any of my general ed professors would remember me. I would assume it would depend on the school, but can a mentor letter stand in for this? Has anyone else had this problem and found an alternative? Thanks!

My current LOR are from 3 doctors, 3 science professors (2 lab mentors), supervisor (hospital), supervisor (bank), and a peer study buddy

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't taken a non-science class is 3 years (just took straight science the last 5 semesters) and I highly doubt any of my general ed professors would remember me. I would assume it would depend on the school, but can a mentor letter stand in for this? Has anyone else had this problem and found an alternative? Thanks!

My current LOR are from 3 doctors, 3 science professors (2 lab mentors), supervisor (hospital), supervisor (bank), and a peer study buddy

Yup. My non science was a letter from a doc I shadowed and my employer

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

So far it's only held me back at nymc and Loyola! They allowed me to send a diff letter, but said I would be at a disadvantage.

Edit: those schools specifically ask for a non-science faculty letter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk