LOR PharmCAS help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brohaps

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've looked at other LOR threads, and I don't think they addressed this? (sorry if I did make a duplicate thread)

My problem is I applied early decision, which the due date is like at midnight tonight. But since last week, my reference said that he submitted it, but it still showed up as "In Progress." So the latter half of last week, I forwarded him the pharmcas email and telephone contact info so that he could talk to them and help with the submission process.

He then said that he submitted it again, and that pharmCAS would notify him if the submission did not go through, this was Friday. Today, it still says the reference hasn't been received. I've tried to email pharmCAS and call them, but no luck. If this reference doesn't get in by midnight will I lose my spot in the early decision pool for my school? I'd hate if that happened just because of this LOR. I mean if I had the instructions to help my reference I would, but pharmCAS never gave me any directions so that they could maintain the validity of the reference and etc.

Anyways, thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

People say you can submit your app before the lor is submitted. It takes a few weeks for schools to get your app anyway. I think the due date is for your pharmcas submission. If the lor is a week late I highly doubt the school you are applying to will consider your whole app late

he resubmitted on a friday, pharmcas probably doesnt operate on the weekends+labor day

Members don't see this ad :)
ooooh right haha totally forgot that it was Labor Day, since our school still had class. thanks

ooooh right haha totally forgot that it was Labor Day, since our school still had class. thanks

I think early decision is tomorrow at midnight. Not tonight. At least for USF where I go. But maybe they have different ED dates?

This is more of an opinion question about LORs, but what do you guys think about asking references if they have started writing you a LOR. I requested two of mine about two weeks ago and according to PharmCAS the status on both is still "new" which I would assume means they haven't even started them. Would sending a follow up email be rude?

This is more of an opinion question about LORs, but what do you guys think about asking references if they have started writing you a LOR. I requested two of mine about two weeks ago and according to PharmCAS the status on both is still "new" which I would assume means they haven't even started them. Would sending a follow up email be rude?

You can send a follow up reminder through pharmcas. On the references section, after a certain number of days, you can resend an email generated from pharmCAS. I did that with one of my LORs and it was up the next day lol