LOR Question for AMCAS and TMDSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Andrews

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding LORs. I know the three people I'm getting LORs from, but my question is, do I just submit one copy of them to AMCAS, or do they have to fill out 20 different LOR forms and send them to each school separately? How does this work for AMCAS? What about TMDSAS?

Thank you for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Shamless bump. :D

Schools will request them from you if they request secondary apps. AMCAS has nothing to do with LORs. If I was you, I would you a service such as interfolio.com to collect the LORs...that way you don't have to request X amount of LORs and can send them out at will (with a 5$ per delivery charge of course).

Members don't see this ad :)
Sartre79 said:
Schools will request them from you if they request secondary apps. AMCAS has nothing to do with LORs. If I was you, I would you a service such as interfolio.com to collect the LORs...that way you don't have to request X amount of LORs and can send them out at will (with a 5$ per delivery charge of course).

I was thinking I could just prestamp the folder and handle all of that kind of stuff myself and just have my reference writer print off and sign 20 or so copies and put them in the mail box.

Do you know anything about Texas?

Dr.Andrews said:
I was thinking I could just prestamp the folder and handle all of that kind of stuff myself and just have my reference writer print off and sign 20 or so copies and put them in the mail box.

Do you know anything about Texas?

Use interfolio or your school service if you can. Your profs will appreciate it and the inevitable lost LOR in the mail, to one of the schools you applied to, can be easily resent without hassling the prof again. just my opinion. Texas is probably the same way, theyll request letters with their secondary application, but im not certain on that.