LOR requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted388502

Hi!

I am collecting LORs currently to apply in 2016-2017 from professors who know me now on Interfolio; I was wondering if I should go the extra mile to ask them to NOT date the letters, so when I apply it doesn't show the age of the LOR.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

a letter without date is not very professional; and schools might question the lack of it. Plus most professors/doctors wont write one without having date on. Just tell your professors to keep/save a copy in case you need to re-apply again; I told mine that and they dont mind at all.

a letter without date is not very professional; and schools might question the lack of it. Plus most professors/doctors wont write one without having date on. Just tell your professors to keep/save a copy in case you need to re-apply again; I told mine that and they dont mind at all.

Does it look bad to have letters that are dated a year or two out?
My fear is just having some of these professors not contact me back if I need something updated (i.e., date.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does it look bad to have letters that are dated a year or two out?
My fear is just having some of these professors not contact me back if I need something updated (i.e., date.)
Just try to keep in touch with them: like emails or pass by their office to say hi. Im sure they will remember you.

The premed advisors at my university said a letter 1 year (maybe even 2 years) old is fine but probably no more than that.