LOR Signature Interfolio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDhopeful324

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

For those of you who have used Interfolio for your letters, would you think that the digital signature option can serve in place of a handwritten signature? It's basically the same thing is a handwritten signature, just done online (you sign rather than type your name).

Normally I would have my letter writer to submit an updated letter with her handwritten signature, but she has just informed me that she is out of the country with no other form of access to my documents.

TIA!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all!

For those of you who have used Interfolio for your letters, would you think that the digital signature option can serve in place of a handwritten signature? It's basically the same thing is a handwritten signature, just done online (you sign rather than type your name).

Normally I would have my letter writer to submit an updated letter with her handwritten signature, but she has just informed me that she is out of the country with no other form of access to my documents.

TIA!

I think digital signatures are fine

the big thing is official leatterhead

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Used Interfolio for all my schools. So far digitally signed signature has not caused me any issues. Also if you call customer service, they can check your letters for letterhead and signatures for you.

Used Interfolio for all my schools. So far digitally signed signature has not caused me any issues. Also if you call customer service, they can check your letters for letterhead and signatures for you.

Oh perfect! Thank you so much!
Yes, I did call them and they were very helpful about that. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to get any trouble for a digital signature as certain schools like BU have put my application on hold for lack of a signature.

Oh perfect! Thank you so much!
Yes, I did call them and they were very helpful about that. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to get any trouble for a digital signature as certain schools like BU have put my application on hold for lack of a signature.
Shouldn't be a problem. If you are worried, you can always call the admissions office. Pretty sure Interfolio is common enough that they'll know what you're asking about.

Shouldn't be a problem. If you are worried, you can always call the admissions office. Pretty sure Interfolio is common enough that they'll know what you're asking about.

Will do. I doubt it will be a problem because the option they give on Interfolio is almost identical to a handwritten signature. I feel like most people think of typing one's name onto a letter when they think of digital signatures, which is not the case here.