LOR - What can i ask interfolio about my LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefuldds92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I switched premed to predent a year ago and asked a professor to write me a LOR las year while I was premed.... but now that I am predent I told my professor and made it clear I will be applying to dental schools but am concerned that they might make a mistake with saying something along the lines that I want to go to medical school.

I know I am able to ask Interfolio about if they letter is signed though am I able to ask if there is anything in the letter that states "Medical school"

Members don't see this ad.

You could always ask the writers if they stated "medical school" on accident in the letter. But if you're trying to use the LOR your professor wrote 1 year ago, I would scrap it and ask for a new one. Schools want LORs that are up to date.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay, well I stated to write me a letter of rec but not specifically saying to upload the old one or anything. This time I also gave me unofficial transcript and resume as well, didn't have time to finish my PS yet. Thank you! I will just email them directly and be straight forward rather than putting my application to any risk.

Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just emailed my professor and requested to write me a new letter of rec. and that I will not be applying to medical school and to write it for dental schools. Thanks again for your advice!

Reactions: 1 user
Just emailed my professor and requested to write me a new letter of rec. and that I will not be applying to medical school and to write it for dental schools. Thanks again for your advice!
You could always ask the writers if they stated "medical school" on accident in the letter. But if you're trying to use the LOR your professor wrote 1 year ago, I would scrap it and ask for a new one. Schools want LORs that are up to date.
Okay, well I stated to write me a letter of rec but not specifically saying to upload the old one or anything. This time I also gave me unofficial transcript and resume as well, didn't have time to finish my PS yet. Thank you! I will just email them directly and be straight forward rather than putting my application to any risk.

Thanks again!

sometimes professors appreciate that you send them back the told one they send you and tell them to update and put on the new date and new signature since it takes them a while to write a letter. I hope professors don't make mistake of confusing schools if you write that in your email.

Well the two professors that I have been communicating with, who were going to write me letters, said that they can no longer write me a letter. The first prof. said something serious came up in their career and the second is on sabbatical.... I contacted a back up prof. but they also cannot write me one either.

My school has a health professional advising office .... can I have them write me a "committee letter," it would only be one person writing it. I have been seeking advice from the same person for the past fours years now once or twice a year.

Can they be my academic strength instead of my professors?

I am meeting with my center this next week to see if they will write me a letter

Thank you in advance!!!

Last edited:
Well the two professors that I have been communicating with, who were going to write me letters, said that they can no longer write me a letter. The first prof. said something serious came up in their career and the second is on sabbatical.... I contacted a back up prof. but they also cannot write me one either.

My school has a health professional advising office .... can I have them write me a "committee letter," it would only be one person writing it. I have been seeking advice from the same person for the past fours years now once or twice a year.

Can they be my academic strength instead of my professors?

I am meeting with my center this next week to see if they will write me a letter

Thank you in advance!!!
I'm not sure about your school but some committees interview to get to know you more and then write a letter. Hope everything will work out smoothly for you!