Lost and Confused!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackjackdealer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
krjgae

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you're doing DO you can do grade replacement which I feel is a lot cheaper and faster at raising your GPA than a SMP/DO Masters. It's going to be a year or two either way (hopefully your score won't expire by then), and with a DIY you can still work on your EC's while doing well in your classes. Just retake all your C's or lower and you'll raise the GPA a lot faster than you could taking a postbacc.

If there's a particular DO school you really want to attend, maybe you could apply for their masters? I don't think a 2.7 is that low for a general master's degree at one of those school (I've had a friend with similar GPA get into the masters at a local DO school program) and they generally have a pretty solid chance at getting into the school of choice if you maintain a decent grade in it. But personally, I wouldn't attend a masters and just work on fixing GPA through grade replacement and applying broadly

If you're doing DO you can do grade replacement which I feel is a lot cheaper and faster at raising your GPA than a SMP/DO Masters. It's going to be a year or two either way (hopefully your score won't expire by then), and with a DIY you can still work on your EC's while doing well in your classes. Just retake all your C's or lower and you'll raise the GPA a lot faster than you could taking a postbacc.

If there's a particular DO school you really want to attend, maybe you could apply for their masters? I don't think a 2.7 is that low for a general master's degree at one of those school (I've had a friend with similar GPA get into the masters at a local DO school program) and they generally have a pretty solid chance at getting into the school of choice if you maintain a decent grade in it. But personally, I wouldn't attend a masters and just work on fixing GPA through grade replacement and applying broadly

Would I re-take the sciences with the Cs or any class at all with a C? Because my major was not a science major. I did a psych major but completed all the pre-reqs for med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
do a year of retaking your worst undergrad grades.....it will skyrocket your DO cgpa

Reactions: 1 user
Would I re-take the sciences with the Cs or any class at all with a C? Because my major was not a science major. I did a psych major but completed all the pre-reqs for med school.

If you did bad in any of the pre-reqs I would make those science ones up first. Then work on repairing your other C's