Louisiana MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

platypus1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm working on getting my Louisiana license and I'm studying (/procrastinating) for the Louisiana MPJE. Anyone have any good sources of study material? Reading the statutes is putting me to sleep.

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

I'm working on getting my Louisiana license and I'm studying (/procrastinating) for the Louisiana MPJE. Anyone have any good sources of study material? Reading the statutes is putting me to sleep.

Thanks! :)
No. I just read the entire law book twice.

Remember, everything is by the letter of the law. We do not have common law or precedence in this state. :idea:

I was wondering the same thing. I've been reading the state law book as well, but was wondering if anyone knew what main sections to focus on. I'm from FL and our law professor told us what to focus our studying on so was wondering if they do the same at the Pharmacy schools in LA.

I was wondering the same thing. I've been reading the state law book as well, but was wondering if anyone knew what main sections to focus on. I'm from FL and our law professor told us what to focus our studying on so was wondering if they do the same at the Pharmacy schools in LA.
No. We had to learn about everything.

You have to know all of it. The test is random, so there are no shortcuts.

The Louisiana MPJE is hard. Learn your information or else. I know of two bright pharmacists who passed the NAPLEX but failed the law test, because they weren't prepared.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the heads-up! I'm guessing the MPJE for most states is brutal (i.e. FL)

Anyone taking or have already taken the Louisiana MPJE? Any tips??? Anyone have the 90 practice questions for this law exam that come with the review?

Planning to take louisiana MPJE soon, please help
  1. how long you guys prepared for it?
  2. what topics to focus on
ALL suggestion appreciated, my email: [email protected]

and good luck to those will take it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,
I am planning to take Louisiana MPJE soon. Please help me with good sources of study material and practice exam.

Thanks.

I would probably only study 4-5 days max for LA law. I studied about 4 days and passed. There's really no sure way to study for it, because honestly it was very random, and questions had more than one correct answer. You just have to pick the best one. They don't really test you on the actual "facts" but lots of scenarios that makes you go, "where the heck did this come from?" I concur with what another member said, know everything.

What I used to study: Read the Federal Law book once, and did the practice questions in it twice. Borrowed a friend's note that went to a LA pharmacy school along with their professors' practice tests and it was very helpful. I didn't even touch the actual Law document on BOP website, it was just not very helpful from what I heard.

I am a practicing pharmacist in MS and seeking licensure in LA. Where can I get access to the state specific material for Louisiana? I know Federal Law! Any help on study materials would be appreciated!

I would probably only study 4-5 days max for LA law. I studied about 4 days and passed. There's really no sure way to study for it, because honestly it was very random, and questions had more than one correct answer. You just have to pick the best one. They don't really test you on the actual "facts" but lots of scenarios that makes you go, "where the heck did this come from?" I concur with what another member said, know everything.

What I used to study: Read the Federal Law book once, and did the practice questions in it twice. Borrowed a friend's note that went to a LA pharmacy school along with their professors' practice tests and it was very helpful. I didn't even touch the actual Law document on BOP website, it was just not very helpful from what I heard.

Can you please email me your friend notes? I took the exam one and got a 73 and didn't pass :( my email is [email protected] thank you so much

I am a practicing pharmacist in MS and seeking licensure in LA. Where can I get access to the state specific material for Louisiana? I know Federal Law! Any help on study materials would be appreciated!

Can you please send me anything you've used? I took the exam a month ago and did not pass got a 73 taking it next week. My email is [email protected] I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!