Loupe light help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmk47

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wanted to get some updated feedback on loupe lights since many threads are old and the technology has changed. Dfv's new nano light vs. ultralight's featherlight vs. lumadent vs. snap on optics. My main priority is weight of the cord and headlight and obviously functionality. I want to add as little weight to the loupes as possible. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Dentist here. I had ultralight featherlight. What a POS. the wire split in half and the battery packs suck. Went with lumadent and got their light with 2 battery packs. I should have gone with lumadent in the first place. You will not be disappointed. Don't take my word for it- do a search for lumadent on dental town.

Reactions: 1 user
I got lumadent because I liked that Dr. Ton, the creator, frequented forums like SDN and Dental Town and communicated with his potential customers. He actually saw another member of DT make his own light with one of those head lamps you can get from hardware/outdoors stores. He developed a battery pack for it that kept the light at full intensity until the batteries completely died (as opposed to most flashlights that get dimmer as the batteries die). So many people bought them that he developed a light, and eventually his own loupes. The LumaDent rep was also very helpful and humble. Across the hall, the CEO/owner of Ultralight was there openly talking trash about LumaDent's products. That totally turned me off to the company. I have no doubt that they have decent, if not great, lights. But be professional.