Love issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's rare to be able to transfer from one med school to another after the first two years but has happened. You'd have to look into that way ahead before settling on one of the out of state acceptances.

Definitely see if the fact that your spouse is already accepted can help you at this institution.

Think about what might happen with residency too later. You will have to graduate the same year or do resume fillers (MPH?) If you don't both start the same year to try to do couple's match.

Otherwise it's at least a 7 year long distance relationship if you can't match together.

People have done it. I've known way way way more relationships ruined by cheating during those sorts of long distance relationships during med school and residency than ones that worked out.

Just beware that if you separate during your training there is no guarantee your relationship makes it no matter how good your intentions.

Hmm, one resident I know did 4 yrs long distance for med school, found out fiance was cheating the whole two years before graduation.

Another resident I know did long distance in med school, as intern found out the baby wasn't his.

Another intern I know did long distance for a few months, guy was cheating and she found out later on.

Someone else cheated on partner the whole first year of residency and gave the not-cheating partner herpes.

2 more friends I know in medical field with fiancees in another city were dumped for whoever they were being cheated on.

2 married health professions students with spouses and kids in another state started an affair and left their spouses for each other.

One more couple that did long distance and one of them cheated.

I know of about two or three people with similar circumstances that led to a happy ending. Maybe there was no cheating or no one was found out or no one cared.

I used to believe long distance relationships could work until I went to med school.

CPq4Z-LXAAAI31R.png

Members don't see this ad.