About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love letters to Programs

Discussion in 'PM&R' started by chaseface, Jan 25, 2011.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. chaseface

chaseface

Medical Student

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    So all my thank you cards are sent... I haven't heard anything from my top choices except for the standard thanks for coming have a great day email.
    I really, really have my heart set on my #1 and #2 programs and want to email a love letter to the PD, but I'm not exactly sure what is appropriate to say. Any advice?
    Thanks
  2. MSKalltheway

MSKalltheway I got the magic stick

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Diamonds. Nothing says I love you like that, and nothing less than a 1 carat center stone will do :laugh:

In all seriousness, send thank you cards to your interviewers, the program coordinator, the PD and chairman/woman. Point out specifics that you liked about them and the program. You can also throw in that they are "among your top choices" or "I would love to be a resident here". I know there was another thread discussing the issue of placing their rank in your correspondence, so I'll defer to that, but I personally wouldn't (and didn't) do anything other than what I mentioned above.
  3. chaseface

chaseface

Medical Student
    Diamonds it is, and maybe CZs to the rest of my rank list?:p
  4. agdoc04

agdoc04

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Love letters don't work....

A short note stating that you would be honored to train at that program, with a 1-2 sentence statement of why the program is a good fit for you might.

Most programs interview 50+ people for a few spots. Everybody has a haircut, wear's black suits, and is "so excited to interview" there. Getting your name in quickly one last time can't hurt. Programs like to know that they are wanted.

With that said, I do not recommend interviewing in the midst of growing a beard or pony tail, and trying out that raccoon coat from Burlington coat factory.
  5. chaseface

chaseface

Medical Student
    Ok so I won't call them love letters...just want letters,
    and the gist of the content will just be me stating I want you to want me...I need you to need me...I'd Love you to love me. :p
    oh and I think me+your program= perfect fit
    Sending these out ASAP...without diamonds and czs, they don't fit in emails.
    AHH is it March 14th yet??!!!?? I can't do this anymore!