Low COMLEX Level 1( 468).. where to audition at?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

microshar88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on places where I would have a chance given my low COMLEX level 1 score (468). I did not take USMLE step 1. I am planning on sitting for COMLEX level 2 in July and I may also take USMLE level 2 then as well.

I would like to stay in the west coast but I am not too picky. I just want to know if there are any ACGME or AOA programs where I may have a shot at given a good audition rotation.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

ACGME anesthesia is going to be extremely difficult. West coast will basically be impossible. I believe harbor is the only program in cali that takes DOs and the rest (oregon, washington, utah, colorado) are also extremely competitive for DOs. I'm not going to say matching acgme is impossible for you, but it will be very difficult.

I really don't know a lot about AOA programs, but I know aways are very important. I would recommend, 3-4 even 5 AOA aways. You definitely have a shot at AOA if you secure aways and perform well.

Last edited: