Low GPA, decent MCAT: WAMC/school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heybubbaa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Which SMP? The reputation of it and its track record of getting people into US MD programs matters alot as does its rigor(ie how many classes did you take with MS1s). Some SMPs also have a better track record than others of having people get into mid-top tier type of schools which you honestly might be a potential candidate for.

Do not retake the MCAT under any circumstance.

This is a good list. You can remove schools like Creighton, Wright State and TCMC without reducing your odds of getting an acceptance. Honestly it might be in your best interest to reach a little higher a) you have a substantial record now of high quality work dating back several years b) your MCAT and recent performance runs the risk of potentially getting screened out at lower tier schools where your MCAT is way above the 90th percentile(ie Creighton).

I would give consideration to Rochester, Emory, Hofstra, Einstein, Saint Louis, Tufts, Pitt, WashU, USC, Columbia and Cincinnati amongst others. Invest in MSAR a) take a look at schools 90th percentile MCATs b) schools that take at least 15-20% OOS. Likewise, make an effort to consult with your advisors at the SMP to see where there grads in the past have had success; that is as valuable if not more valuable than any input you can get on here.

Last edited:
Which SMP? The reputation of it and its track record of getting people into US MD programs matters alot as does its rigor(ie how many classes did you take with MS1s). Some SMPs also have a better track record than others of having people get into top tier type of schools which you might be a candidate for.

I'm at Cincinnati. This past semester we took 3 M1 blocks.

Also, thank you for the insight...I won't retake the MCAT, and I will look into a few of the schools that you mentioned.

I'm at Cincinnati. This past semester we took 3 M1 blocks.

Also, thank you for the insight...I won't retake the MCAT, and I will look into a few of the schools that you mentioned.

Cincinnati is a great SMP program. Keep doing well there, you will generate lots of interest both from Cincy and other MD schools.

Reactions: 1 user