General Admissions & OTCAS LOW GPA for MOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DanceQueen66

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

New here. I have B.S in Exercise science and have low Cgpa like 2.3. I have already started retaking my Pre req classes like A&P , physics. But that will raise it to 2.5. What else i can do to raise to 3.0. How does programs for MOT handle repeated classes and is there a to petetion to school to get conditional admission. I dont see al that info on OTCAS. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

There is a boatload of information in past threads about schools that accept last 60 credits, etc. So definitely search for that. Obviously the only way to raise your overall GPA is to take more classes and do very well in them. Since you're going in with such a low GPA, it's going to be costly and take some time. *Some* programs have 2.75 as their minimum GPA, but I couldn't tell you off the top of my head which ones. However, by and large, it's better to have >3.0. If you do exceptionally well on the GRE and have really good experience, that might offset a slightly lower GPA. But to be honest, your one focus at this point is improving GPA. I am inclined to say it's not worth it, and maybe you should explore other career options, but only you can decide that.

And OTCAS counts *all* classes in overall GPA. Even if you do a repeat, both classes are included in the calculation.

Last edited: