Low GPA, High DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalgirl101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nvm

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm planning on taking my DAT this August, I'm hoping to do well

Members don't see this ad :)
Do dental schools care about upward trends? I've had above a 3.85 the past few semesters, and this past semester itself I got a 4.0 taking biochem and physics.

So the thread should really be titled "Very low GPA, no DAT". It's weird that in the thread linked above from April you wrote:

Did you lose your DAT score?

We got ourselves a liar on our hands.

Reactions: 1 user
The reason there may have been inconsistencies in the OP's posts might have been because he/she feared THIS happening. But it's not important.

Dental schools most certainly do look at upward trends, but you better explain your situation well when the time comes. A high DAT score will further show them that you're capable of understanding college-level material. Of course, getting a high score is no easy feat, so work hard!

Reactions: 2 users
The reason there may have been inconsistencies in the OP's posts might have been because he/she feared THIS happening. But it's not important.

Dental schools most certainly do look at upward trends, but you better explain your situation well when the time comes. A high DAT score will further show them that you're capable of understanding college-level material. Of course, getting a high score is no easy feat, so work hard!

She should have feared this happening. If she would have been honest the first time she wouldn't have doubt about her actual situation.

It's so easy to say, "I'll just study hard and get a AA 25!" Making that happen is a whole other beast.

Figure your out your average GPA combining both schools so you know exactly where you stand. Then go from there.

Dental schools DO care about upward trends. That's why you see people get accepted with low GPAs. People mature at different times and if you can maintain your upward trend and do well on the DAT like 22+, then I believe that you will have a good shot at landing at interview. Just don't give up.

Reactions: 1 users