Low GPA interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soon to be Dr E

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Us low GPA'ers are wondering how many interviews any of you got with GPAs lower than 3.3.

Members don't see this ad.

*crickets chirp*

This is not a good year to have a major weakness in your application.

3.2 UG GPA/37 MCAT, 3.95 Grad GPA. 1 interview at wayne state (oos). There's still hope

Members don't see this ad :)
3.1 BCMP, 3.5 AO, 3.31 Total GPA

2 interviews out of 2 schools applied to.

3.34 overall, 3.14 science. 3 interviews (2 IS, 1 OOS).

3.15 overall, 2.96 science, 35 MCAT, 8 interviews, 2 acceptances so far. And yes I'm a URM so attribute it to that if you'd like, but i'm just trying to encourage those who have low gpas and a solid rest of their app like me.

3.23 Overall GPA, 3.15 BCPM, 3.42 AO, 32Q MCAT. 1 interview so far USUHS. Complete at most schools at end of August (though some earlier, like USUHS), so should hear back from the rest relatively soon.

3.36 overall, 3.39 bpcm, 32R MCAT. 2 interviews so far. Have been complete at most places since mid-August.

2.59 undergrad GPA; 4.00 master's degree in Psych; 4.0 in post bac (both orgos and bios). One interview so far! 15 supplementals sent in...

2.67 UG GPA. 1 app, 1 interview (local yesterday, on-campus this friday)

Nay even, I'm as white and male as it gets.

3.36 overall, 3.26 science, 35 mcat... 6 interviews thus far (complete most places by early/mid september).
you can do it!

3.2 science, 3.29 overall, 36 MCAT --> 5 interview invites, 2 acceptances. (still waiting!) There's definitely hope, don't give up!

Also, I think we should limit this thread to those who didn't do any sort of grad school or post-bac...since having a high grad GPA pretty much negates a low UG GPA anyways. "Low GPA" should imply that you're most recent GPA applying to medical school was low, shouldn't it? :rolleyes:

3.20, 27N; 1 interview (so far!)

Texas Tech UHSC

I don't even know why i submitted. I failed orgo 2 and am retaking this fall. Got a C- in phys 1 and getting an A in phys 2, but what school will overlook these two grades??? I honestly don't feel like submitting the amcas and wasting any momney.