Low GPA, need advice on if what I'm doing is a good plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wiles18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated college with a 2.9 gpa and a 2.8 science gpa. My MCAT score is a 506. I am currently retaking undergraduate classes (Biochemistry, Physics) and also taking behavioral neuroscience at different school than the one I graduated from to boost my gpa. I am also going to apply to Post-bac programs at Drexel, Touro, BU, and Mt Sinai for next year.

I wanted to know if this seems like a good path going forward. I have volunteered at hospitals for my EC and am also taking an EMT class. I want to try to get into a DO program since MD schools don't take retaken classes as well. Feeling a bit worried if I'm doing all this correctly. Any feedback would be appreciated and I can provide more info if needed.

Members don't see this ad.

What you're doing is fine. Good luck and keep at it!

I graduated college with a 2.9 gpa and a 2.8 science gpa. My MCAT score is a 506. I am currently retaking undergraduate classes (Biochemistry, Physics) and also taking behavioral neuroscience at different school than the one I graduated from to boost my gpa. I am also going to apply to Post-bac programs at Drexel, Touro, BU, and Mt Sinai for next year.

I wanted to know if this seems like a good path going forward. I have volunteered at hospitals for my EC and am also taking an EMT class. I want to try to get into a DO program since MD schools don't take retaken classes as well. Feeling a bit worried if I'm doing all this correctly. Any feedback would be appreciated and I can provide more info if needed.