Low GPA Underdogs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teethietooth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and after looking through some of the threads it looks like there are a few people on the same boat as me. I have already graduated and have a very low GPA. (2.8 bcpGPA 3.0 sGPA 3.0 cGPA)

Due to AADSAS' ultra fair GPA calculating system, it would not be very economical to take a lot of classes & try to raise our GPA by maybe .2 points.

I think it's safe to say that stats alone do not guarantee an acceptance nor does it keep us out - but they do play a major role and to see that someone else has been accepted with similar stats definitely makes us feel more hopeful! Applications are already a demoralizing process, why not do what we can to keep our heads up?

I'd like to ask if any underdogs with a low GPA and perhaps a very solid DAT score has been accepted anywhere.

If you'd like to share your amazing accomplishment of gaining acceptance to dental school as an underdog, please, please post!

cGPA:
sGPA:
nsGPA:
bcpGPA:
DAT:
Interviews:
Acceptances:

Members don't see this ad.

If you're not URM then you need 23+ on the DAT to be competitive. Last cycle I applied with 3.2 GPA 21 DAT during my junior year and only got 2 interviews. This time around I raised my GPA to a 3.47 and already got 3 interviews so far, and most of the schools that I applied to haven't even given out a single invite yet. You could probably work on your personal statement and work on the rest of your application to make it solid, but I would suggest doing post-bac or even get a masters to make you a more complete applicant. Good luck.

If you're not URM then you need 23+ on the DAT to be competitive. Last cycle I applied with 3.2 GPA 21 DAT during my junior year and only got 2 interviews. This time around I raised my GPA to a 3.47 and already got 3 interviews so far, and most of the schools that I applied to haven't even given out a single invite yet. You could probably work on your personal statement and work on the rest of your application to make it solid, but I would suggest doing post-bac or even get a masters to make you a more complete applicant. Good luck.
thanks for your advice premedguyo! good luck w your apps

hey do you mind sharing your complete stats? was your 3.2 GPA a BCP/science or overall. do you mind sharing when and where you gained interviews?