Low GPA want to pursue MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DanceQueen66

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have B.S in Exercise Science with 2.3 GPA. Currently working as Rehab aide. I want to apply to MPH this year for Fall 2017. Any suggestion for schools. I retook some of my science classes and scored A. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Just a couple of questions...
1) Are the science classes you retook going to be factored in your GPA?
and 2) How long have you been working as a rehab aide?

Depending on those two things, it'll be easier to give you some advice. For a very low GPA, I honestly think you're better off cultivating a lot of work experience and using that to help boost your application (with LORs from supervisors/employers mainly).

Just a couple of questions...
1) Are the science classes you retook going to be factored in your GPA?
and 2) How long have you been working as a rehab aide?

Depending on those two things, it'll be easier to give you some advice. For a very low GPA, I honestly think you're better off cultivating a lot of work experience and using that to help boost your application (with LORs from supervisors/employers mainly).

I agree with the above. It really depends on your work experience, letters of recs and PS to compensate for a weaker GPA. Numbers are only a part of the picture, but it would be helpful if you had some recommendation letters that can vouch for you. If you've been out of school working and gaining experience, that would help as well.

I had a weak GPA going into admissions and my GRE scores could have better, but what helped me was that every other part of my application was good. I'm now at Emory so it can be done.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user