low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mminime

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! My GPA is 2.65, and I cleared my part 1 and part 2 with one attempt, but 4 years apart. I am wondering what my chance would be to get into a school. What can I do to build up my resume? I'm feeling very fruatrated, and I don't know if I should apply for any program.

Members don't see this ad.

You can compensate for a low GPA by either doing a Masters program in the US or improve your profile by doing more research, volunteering, teaching, experience in a dental office in the US etc. Everybody has similar stats so I think what can set you apart from the other students is if you have a really good personal statement and good Letters of recommendation.

And most importantly, believe in yourself and don't lose hope :)

You can compensate for a low GPA by either doing a Masters program in the US or improve your profile by doing more research, volunteering, teaching, experience in a dental office in the US etc. Everybody has similar stats so I think what can set you apart from the other students is if you have a really good personal statement and good Letters of recommendation.

And most importantly, believe in yourself and don't lose hope :)
Hi dent5, can international students do postgraduation programs in usa???

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi dent5, can international students do postgraduation programs in usa???

I think postgrad dental programs are called AEGD. International dentists can apply to them but they're highly competitive since DDS grads from the US also apply to the same ones. Plus, there's the issue of whether you can start practicing in the state after it.
If you're asking about other Masters degrees like MPH/MHA/MBA then, yeah you can apply to that too. You'll need GRE to apply.

I think postgrad dental programs are called AEGD. International dentists can apply to them but they're highly competitive since DDS grads from the US also apply to the same ones. Plus, there's the issue of whether you can start practicing in the state after it.
If you're asking about other Masters degrees like MPH/MHA/MBA then, yeah you can apply to that too. You'll need GRE to apply.
I think masters are different from postgraduation

What qualifications do I need to get a postgraduation seat???

Hi..m from India..recently moved to USA..I don't have transcripts with me now..I have 60% BDS percentage..I dint get apply for ece evalution yet ..but I guess my GPA lands around 2.3..m going to give my parts in next year..but worried about my GPA..are there any chances for me to get admission into dental school with my GPA or I need to do MPH to improve my GPA?:).m just wondering whether I had to do mph in order to get dental admission easily..as a have very less GPA...so please suggest me about what to do in order to improve my profile..is shadowing volunteering and other stuff enough for low GPA..?? Or doing mph would b better..??I really can't afford to mph program now..people say mph is waste of time when u have other shadowing and volunteering and other stuff..according to my GPA can I get admission into dental school without doing mph???..please help me :)