Low Kaplan MCAT test! Help! Advice! Experiences!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lkjy92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I have very LOW scores on kaplan FL's for the MCAT! For all those who have taken the test were kaplan's test harder? Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, Kaplan's tests are harder, but how low is low? What are your best/worst sections? How gave you been studying up to this point? Etc. If you want help, you gotta provide better background information.

Kaplans test are not harder. They are very different. Not that it wouldnt help doing them but they are an entirely different thing then the 2015 MCAT.

I cracked 500 once on 11 Kaplan full lengths. Scored in the 75-85th percentile overall on the April MCAT which supposedly translates to something like a 30-31. Kaplan was very hard, but prepares you well. Don't sweat the low Kaplan scores, but make sure you review the tests thoroughly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same can be said about TPR FL tests. There a few people I saw who did very well on the April exam, 80-90% percentile and were averaging high 490s.

Wow, that's quite a discrepancy. Are they just harder or harder and not representative? The free Kaplan diag I took seemed very diff fro mthe MCAT so I went with nextstep. Tougher from what I've read from April takers, but it was a lot closer to the new feel of the exam than what I had seen from Kaplan and TBR free exams.

Wow, that's quite a discrepancy. Are they just harder or harder and not representative? The free Kaplan diag I took seemed very diff fro mthe MCAT so I went with nextstep. Tougher from what I've read from April takers, but it was a lot closer to the new feel of the exam than what I had seen from Kaplan and TBR free exams.

To each his own.

What as been working for you? Have you done any of the AAMC materials? Is your stuff close?

I'm using TPR ultimate course. Took the first 2 core FL and got 495 on both. Got 2.5 months to prep more. I'm OK with where I stand. I finished the first FL today feeling I got about 5 points lower b/c the sciences were tougher for me.

I'm using TPR ultimate course. Took the first 2 core FL and got 495 on both. Got 2.5 months to prep more. I'm OK with where I stand. I finished the first FL today feeling I got about 5 points lower b/c the sciences were tougher for me.
How does the TPR compare to the AAMC stuff? Have you taken any of the AAMC materials (OG, Q pack, sample test)???? 2 full lengths in with 2.5 months to go, how many exams do you plan on taking?

How does the TPR compare to the AAMC stuff? Have you taken any of the AAMC materials (OG, Q pack, sample test)???? 2 full lengths in with 2.5 months to go, how many exams do you plan on taking?

I'm planning to take 8 TPR tests and the AAMC test. Plan is to have 5 tests done a month before. Then an exam every week. Current schedule is an exam every other weekend. First exam was 3 weeks ago, I have been following the TPR recommended schedule for my test date in July.

I'm planning to take 8 TPR tests and the AAMC test. Plan is to have 5 tests done a month before. Then an exam every week. Current schedule is an exam every other weekend. First exam was 3 weeks ago, I have been following the TPR recommended schedule for my test date in July.

8 full lengths? wow. So you haven't done any of the AAMC materials yet? How do you gauge how close TPR is coming?

8 full lengths? wow. So you haven't done any of the AAMC materials yet? How do you gauge how close TPR is coming?

I'm not going to waste the AAMC material if I haven't finished content coverage which I probably won't be until mid June.