low mcat high GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Temi Ogunleye

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
MD is likely out of the picture with a 21 MCAT unfortunately...

I am a URM, AA, and TX resident and an applying with a low MCAT 21 (5PS, 7VR, 9BS). On my first Mcat i had a 7 in PS. My science GPA is a 3.7, overall 3.74. I outstanding ECs like you (involved in athletics, born in a foreign country, etc..) I also have over 100 hours of shadowing experience and tons of volunteer activities I will have my applications for both DO and MD ready as soon they open so everything will be early. I was just wondering if you guys could give me some advice in this whole application process. what are my chances for DO and Tx med schools and also schools like Meharry, howard, and more house?
Do you know any spanish? Puerto Rico schools might be an opportunity for you. Two of my friends got II at one school with a 20 MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Tbh, those chances are pretty slim anywhere, especially if that is your second MCAT. If you're URM it'll help, but it would really depend on the rest of your app and how you sell yourself.

you could try howard, meharry, and morehouse, plus some newer DO schools

Reactions: 1 user