Low MCAT Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pglo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, what are the schools that have a reputation of lower MCAT score acceptances. For example, I have seen on SDN threads that the Touros and AZCOM are big MCAT schools in terms of admissions.

I'd like to know which one I can apply to since I just received enough money to add one more school on my AACOMAS.

Members don't see this ad.

How low? We need more information on your stats and mcat.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
LUCOM

Reactions: 1 user
RVU. It has been rejecting most ppl with MCAT of 30 or higher; they interview majority of ppl with 25-27 MCAT

A lot of newer schools have lower averages, for some reason, with a few exceptions like MUCOM, which apparently hit the ground running and is a lot of people's first choice.

Beware LUCOM.

That will do wonders for their avg stats!
Well, their MCAT ave stat should be around 26-27 since the majority of ppl they interviewed are within that range. From reading comments on SDN, most ppl with 30 or above MCAT are rejected at RVU (including myself and other fellow SDNs) while I know/met at least two other applicants with 25-26 MCAT have been accepted to RVU. It just seem very strange to me about their admission way?

Most people at RVU are rejected. They interview less than 10% of the people who apply there. It's not just most people with higher than a 30 MCAT; it's most people in general. I think they factor the secondary essay responses much more heavily than most schools. Some look for high MCAT, some look for high GPA, some look for impressive ECs. I think RVU looks for strong essays that clearly explain why you are a good fit for the school (and vice versa). MCAT is somewhere lower down the list.

Last edited:
Well, their MCAT ave stat should be around 26-27 since the majority of ppl they interviewed are within that range. From reading comments on SDN, most ppl with 30 or above MCAT are rejected at RVU (including myself and other fellow SDNs) while I know/met at least two other applicants with 25-26 MCAT have been accepted to RVU. It just seem very strange to me about their admission way?

Maybe, just maybe, they occasionally look at things other than MCAT scores in deciding whether or not to invite an applicant to interview.