Low MCAT writing score.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chillaxbro

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-snip-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter because adcoms get to see your writing in your personal statement, EC descriptions, and secondary responses so as long as you do decently on those it will nullify your low writing score.

Got an M which is 10th percentile or lower of matriculating students at every school I'm applying to

1. I have no idea why it's so low, is there a possibility there was a mistake?
2. I hear no one cares about writing score but can this hurt my application? Or do they literally not care even if it were a J?:smuggrin:

No one cares, I got a M but I got in somewhere decent (Top 25).

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I'm sure they care some bit. However, you can use your personal statement to raise their confidence in your writing and communication skills. Fortunately, the writing score is the one thing that you can make up for elsewhere

I also got a M and was really worried about my writing score.

When I voiced my concerns about my score to actual doctors they started laughing. They assured me that most doctors don't need to know how to write well.

This makes me wonder why adcoms put so much emphasis on writing when it comes to essays.