Low OAT Score, HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optdest

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my OAT this morning and was hoping to do a lot better than I did. I got a 290 on my TS and AA. I have a 3.4 GPA and I'm planning to apply next week when optomcas opens up. I have plenty of service hours and shadowing hours, but I'm wondering if I should retake the OAT in October and note that on my application?

Has anyone gotten in with these scores!? Please help! I'm a little stressed. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My TS was 290 and my AA 310! My gpa was around 3.5 with my transfer credit! I scored pretty well (380 or so) on QR and RC, so I'm not sure if that helped, but I definitely didn't do very well on the science portions. I applied first thing when the cycle opened and got accepted to three schools! As long as you have involvement and the rest of your application is good, you should be fine! You can always apply now and then if a school wants you to retake later you can look at that option!

My TS was 290 and my AA 310! My gpa was around 3.5 with my transfer credit! I scored pretty well (380 or so) on QR and RC, so I'm not sure if that helped, but I definitely didn't do very well on the science portions. I applied first thing when the cycle opened and got accepted to three schools! As long as you have involvement and the rest of your application is good, you should be fine! You can always apply now and then if a school wants you to retake later you can look at that option!

Thank you so much! What schools did you end up getting into?

Members don't see this ad :)
SCCO, SCO and RSO! My TS was actually 280 by the way, so you did better than me!

SCCO, SCO and RSO! My TS was actually 280 by the way, so you did better than me!
Did SCO suggest you retake your test? I just sent them an unofficial OAT score report (TS 280, AA 300) and they said I might not get an interview until next semester...

They recommended I did to improve my chances of getting scholarships, but didn't require it. I ended up accepting somewhere else first so I didn't worry about it!

Kh93 - congrats on getting in!

I received an email from SCCO saying that my OAT scores are not competitive and they advise me to take it again in order for me to a competitive candidate and be on track to receiving an interview.. i feel like that is such an indirect way of saying - JUST take it again! lol

My AA was 300 and TS 310.. reading was 260, and so I think the minimum req. was 300 for them.. but FML I really dont want to take it again :(

Yeah I will definitely take it again then! I doubt you have to boost it too much to be competitive. I had 280 as my lowest score in two different sections and they didn't say anything! Best of luck!