Low PCAT, high GPA.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

subatomiclevels

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did search the forum; however, I wanted to get more insight.

I have not taken the PCAT yet and I know, you're probably thinking, "how can you pre-determine your results, then?" but hear me out first.

Standardized tests are my weakness; specifically math. In high school, the lowest math grade I ever had was one B in Algebra 1. My high school was competitive and had thorough academics. When I took the ACT... my math score was a 15 :bang: and the other time it was a 17; however, my reading and English scores were 28 and 29 each. When I got into college and took an advanced college algebra course (I did not have to take remedial, surprisingly), my class average was a 96. If I even hear anything about a standardized test on math, ANY type of math, I flip out. I feel like I will do horribly on PCAT math. My GPA is currently at a 4.0 and I am interested in UGA's Pharmacy School (I am a Georgia resident). Would the low individual score and the high GPA hold me back at all? I have good extra-curricular activities but I got very... cocky, so to say, when I first applied to college that my bad math score would be overlooked with my extra-curricular activities, 4.0 GPA, and other high sections. But guess what held me back? I was not accepted, rejected, or wait-listed by my dream school. I was told to go retake the ACT math but I knew there was no hope, so I went in another direction. I feel like that one math score could hold me back.

Members don't see this ad.

You're worrying way too early. No need to be distressed. Two good pieces of famous advice:

1. Better to try and fail then to not try at all.
2. If at first you do not succeed, try, and try again.

Good luck.