Low Science GPA & Minimum pre-requisite. Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phyun

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody.

I just received my verification, and I realized that my Science GPA came out to be 2.79. I had a rough calculation in mind, and thought that I had at least a 3.0

A lot of schools require a pre-requisite GPA and cumulative GPA of 3.0. With a 3.2, I make the cut for cumulative, but I barely make the cut or I'm slight under the pre-requisite minimum (since it depends on the school).

I thought with my PCAT being at a composite 96 could kind of make of for it, but obviously if I don't meet the "minimum" cutoff, I virtually have no chance, yes?

QUESTIONS:
- Do you guys know if the "minimum" pre-requisite is black and white (as in, meet it or don't bother applying)?
- For those of you have already been accepted, would you giving me an idea of your science/pre-requisite GPA?
- Do you think my schools (listed below) are a bit out of reach for me?
  • USC, UoP, Oregon, Maryland, University of Texas, Univ of Washington, Butler, Buffalo SUNY, Washington State, Temple, Texas Tech, Northeastern, Univ of Utah, Jefferson, Univ Minnesota

Thanks to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

how do you receive the gpa verification? do you receive it after you send in official transcript then e-submit? i sent in my official but have not e-submitted yet....will i still be able to see what my cGPA and sGPA is?

how do you receive the gpa verification? do you receive it after you send in official transcript then e-submit? i sent in my official but have not e-submitted yet....will i still be able to see what my cGPA and sGPA is?

You only receive GPA Verification/application verification after you e-submit you application.