Lower Mcat scores second time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jmac1778

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Okay. So here is the deal. I applied last year with a 27m ( b:10 v:9 p:8) and only got one interview and ultimately denied. I decided to retake the mcat and sadly received a 23n (b:7 v:8 p:8). So I guess the good news is I improved writing and didn't drop any lower in PS, my weakness of test 1. I honestly don't know what happen this time, practices were around 30... But that's beside the point.

I also have a lot more things going my this year then last. First, I have just completed my master with a GPA of 3.85. Secondly, I have preformed research in a lab. I have shadowed five doctors over three different fields of medicine for this summer and continuing to do so. I also will be receiving LOR from most of them, which last year I had no physician LOR. Finally, i have been applying for research positions at universities around my area and will most likely land one for a year ...and longer in need be. Everything else has remained the same from last application round.

I'm applying for both MD and DO.

Do I have any chace at MD or should I just go DO?
DO all the way. Dont waste your money on MD.