lowered GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elastase

StanfUrd bound!!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey people, just wanted your opinion...

I initially went to a community college , and got almost a 4.0. I then transfered to UCB and dipped over .5 on my GPA Of course Berkeley was a lot harder than community college..I pretty much got Bs in all my classes, but at the same time I was working, and commuting to school...blah...My overall GPA comes out to be a 3.5...I've heard that they count the grades the same, but of course they would look down at the fact that my grades lowered...How f#cked am I? Do you think I would get screened out, or do I just need to give some kind of good explanation in my PS? I have yet to know my MCAT scores (took that last week)...I was scoring on practice tests from a 29-31..

I guess the main question is whether I should explain my downfall in my PS or not?

Members don't see this ad.

They will understand that UCB is a lot harder than a community college. I don't think it needs explanation, except maybe as a parenthetical aside type thing, like half a sentence. Something like, "Despite the increased course difficulty at UCB, I was able to maintain my grades while working part time and commuting..." etc.

i agree with the above poster. anyways "mike g"...i would not even bring it up on the interview. it can make you sound like a whiner. they may not even notice that you went to CC....so i would def back down on that. in any case...good luck.

Yeah don't say anything!