Lowest Step I with a reasonble shot of matching.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaptKirk

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not the kind of thing anyone wants to admit... but just kind of curious about what sort of Step I score is generally regarded as "worthy" of Radiology. I know the average last year was 232, and I know many programs have cutoffs of 240, for example. So I'm just curious if that means programs like St. Joseph, U-Arizona, U-New Mexico, OHSU, for example would be generally out of reach for people with scores in the mid-upper 230's.

I'm really trying to avoid one of those "here's all my stats how do I stack up" threads. lol

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, not the kind of thing anyone wants to admit... but just kind of curious about what sort of Step I score is generally regarded as "worthy" of Radiology. I know the average last year was 232, and I know many programs have cutoffs of 240, for example. So I'm just curious if that means programs like St. Joseph, U-Arizona, U-New Mexico, OHSU, for example would be generally out of reach for people with scores in the mid-upper 230's.

I'm really trying to avoid one of those "here's all my stats how do I stack up" threads. lol

If you have a Step I score in the 220's but everything else is rock solid, I'd stay you'd still have a good chance of matching SOMEWHERE. It all depends on whether or not you make it past the initial screen (step I score, class rank). Really, Step I (though far from being a perfect measuring stick) is the only nationalized standard.

I can't emphasize this enough! Did you read the stickied FAQ? It really depends on your overall profile.

or how much they like you, who you know, etc.

If you look at the AAMC outcomes and the match, you see that there are even a handful below 210 that make it ...

unmatched rate is still low ... just get in and git'r'done

G

Members don't see this ad :)

I'll guess 215?

182. board scores aren't EVERYTHING

matchfz1.png