Loyola MAMS 2013-2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brobarian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has Loyola started accepting students yet for Fall '13?

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure. They said my application was complete about a week ago and I'm just waiting to hear back from them for both the MAMS program and MSP program. Just anxious everyday.

Not sure. They said my application was complete about a week ago and I'm just waiting to hear back from them for both the MAMS program and MSP program. Just anxious everyday.

Same here. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey!

I just got my acceptance yesterday. I was complete about three weeks ago.

Hey!

I just got my acceptance yesterday. I was complete about three weeks ago.

I got in a few days ago as well.

What do you think, this or NYMC accelerated?

Loyola hands down!

They have a great acceptance rate (85%+). They guarantee that you'll get an interview at their med school. Not to mention the facilities at Stritch is amazing.

Do you guys know if their guarantee interview is for after the program or during the year?

I just got my acceptance, super excited to attend this program! Good luck to anyone who's applying

For those of you accepted, are referring to the MAMS or the MSMP program?
And did you apply to both?
Just curious.

I just got accepted a few days ago as well (MAMS).

I am not too familiar with the Chicago area...does anyone have some suggestions for safe/close neighborhoods?

This thread looks dead, but figured I'd give it a shot. I'm curious to hear from people who have decided to attend one of Loyola's programs. I applied for MAMS first, then they sent me an email suggesting the MSMP, so I applied to both. I'm waiting to hear from BU and Georgetown; transcripts have me backed up. That said I guess my questions are:

Where have people decided to live?
Does/did anyone have the same predicament choosing a program to attend? (pros and cons, maybe what about loyola hooked you?)
Is there another thread where everyone is talking about MAMS Loyola 2013-14? (not a previous year)

Is there a facebook group for mams 2013-2014 or can someone create one?

I'm still waiting to hear back if I was accepted or rejected- I was a late applicant because of my April 4th MCAT date. Those who were accepted, what were your stats??? I've already been accepted to Rosalind Franklin's BMS program, but Loyola is my first choice! Thanks!!

Hey guys!

I was accepted yesterday, application was complete on 5/15. Doesn't look like there's too much activity on here or on the facebook group...is there anywhere I can connect with other people who are attending MAMS this fall to talk about housing, etc? I'm really unfamiliar with the chicago area and would love some advice!

Hey guys!

I was accepted yesterday, application was complete on 5/15. Doesn't look like there's too much activity on here or on the facebook group...is there anywhere I can connect with other people who are attending MAMS this fall to talk about housing, etc? I'm really unfamiliar with the chicago area and would love some advice!

Congrats! Did you mean 4/15? I'd be impressed if they got back to you in 10 days unless the completion of the application was something minor

Congrats! Did you mean 4/15? I'd be impressed if they got back to you in 10 days unless the completion of the application was something minor

My application was just missing two letters of rec for completion, I had probably finished the essay and everything else about a week and a half before that. And thanks! I'm still a little shocked I was accepted and heard back so fast, but I'm really excited!

Hey everyone!!
I was accepted last month and decided to accept admission today!! Does anyone know anything about the MAMS scholarship? I keep hearing about it but don't know how or when to apply for it.

If you haven't already, make sure to join the 2013-2014 Facebook group ;)