Loyola MAMS vs MSMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drtssg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the differences are in these programs? Particularly in terms of any linkage they have to Loyola's Medical School.

I remember reading if you get a 3.5 and 30 at MAMS, you get an automatic interview at Loyola? Is that also true for the MSMP program?

It looks like MSMP is newer and also taught by medical school faculty.

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd also like to know this as I applied to both of them. I think there's a decent amount of information about the MAMS program out, however, I haven't been able to find much about the MSMP program. Anyone who's a current or past student in the MSMP have any information to share with us? :)

I recently talked to the director of the MSMP program. They do offer the same guaranteed interview as the MAMS program. They have classes taught by Stritch professors. And they have a professional development course that helps you with the whole medical school application process (proof-reading essays, tips, etc.) It sounded like a great program.

Reactions: 1 users
bump. would love to see someone who has been through Loyola's MSMP program weigh in on this.