LSU Applicants c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I remembered to mention that I had done research in undergrad, but totally forgot to mention I did an internship. Blind interview kind of threw me off.

What percentage does the interview actually count in the admissions process?

Members don't see this ad.

I remembered to mention that I had done research in undergrad, but totally forgot to mention I did an internship. Blind interview kind of threw me off.

What percentage does the interview actually count in the admissions process?

It's 10 points out the 100. 65 are objective points, 15 are from the folder review, and the last 10 are for the admissions committee to move around as fit. Weird I can recite it by heart these days.

I've been out of my interview for about an hour and I've already had to stop myself from signing into my status check again.. You never know right?? :oops:

I hope everyone had a good interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been out of my interview for about an hour and I've already had to stop myself from signing into my status check again.. You never know right?? :oops:

I hope everyone had a good interview!

A bit longer, but pretty much...when do you think is the earliest they will start updating for acceptances?

A bit longer, but pretty much...when do you think is the earliest they will start updating for acceptances?

I interviewed on feb 11 last year and received an email on the 28th saying all applicant statuses had been updated. I was waitlisted, but according to last year's thread people were accepted on that day as well.

So glad my interview's over with. It wasn't bad at all, surprisingly relaxed actually, but I'm just glad to get it out of the way so I don't have to worry about it any more!

Now just two weeks of waiting to hear the news... :luck:

So glad my interview's over with. It wasn't bad at all, surprisingly relaxed actually, but I'm just glad to get it out of the way so I don't have to worry about it any more!

Now just two weeks of waiting to hear the news... :luck:

Same. Last interview done, one more school to visit, only this wait left. At least it won't be as bad as my Mizzou wait because I can check the status system myself and not have to wait for someone else to tell me about it...wait, being able to check it obsessively might make it worse...Gosh I hope they liked me.

I had my interview a few days ago, and they have already updated my status!

Ya'll keep checking, and good luck!

I got in!!!!!! My status was updated yesterday and im OOS! Ahhhhhhhh im so happy!!!!!!!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Mine "updated" after my interview, by which I mean it had a timestamp of 2/5 at 5pm, but my status still says invited to interview.

EDIT: I'm IS, and my interview was yesterday. I'm not expecting to hear back yet, just checking obsessively anyway.

I got in!!!!!! My status was updated yesterday and im OOS! Ahhhhhhhh im so happy!!!!!!!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Congrats!!!!!!! That was quick you must have been on top of the list!

Members don't see this ad :)

Cheese and rice! That was fast! Now I'm starting to sweat hoping they call my number soon at DMV ughh!

Anyone get some numbers? How many IS applied and how many IS seats?

Have any arkansas or in state spots been offered?

Is everyone else seeing a counter for number of confirmed seats at the top of their status check page? All the numbers are set to 0 though. Looks like there are only 55 in-state seats this time.

Is everyone else seeing a counter for number of confirmed seats at the top of their status check page?

Yeah, that's the section of the page that was my least favorite last year when I was on the alternate list. I couldn't decide if I wanted the numbers to stay low so I would get called or if I just wanted them to reach their limit so I could stop wondering already. :laugh:

Yeah, that's the section of the page that was my least favorite last year when I was on the alternate list. I couldn't decide if I wanted the numbers to stay low so I would get called or if I just wanted them to reach their limit so I could stop wondering already. :laugh:

That doesn't sound fun! I thought it might be a hint that I'm on the alternate list. Darn.

That doesn't sound fun! I thought it might be a hint that I'm on the alternate list. Darn.

I'm seeing it too. I don't think it means anything other than tracking...at least, I hope it doesn't mean we're alternates. But I would think they would go ahead and update the status to something other than "invited to interview" if that was the case.

I'm seeing it too. I don't think it means anything other than tracking...at least, I hope it doesn't mean we're alternates. But I would think they would go ahead and update the status to something other than "invited to interview" if that was the case.

You're probably right. I'm just going to stop overanalyzing and wait!

I got in! I am OOS and not from a sponsored state. I interviewed on Feb. 2nd and was notified via the portal at 5:00 PM on Feb. 5th. I was surprised at how fast they notified me because they had said they would be sending out decisions by Feb. 19th. I certainly wasn't expecting it to be the next business day.

Oh and...
:woot:

I got in! I am OOS and not from a sponsored state. I interviewed on Feb. 2nd and was notified via the portal at 5:00 PM on Feb. 5th. I was surprised at how fast they notified me because they had said they would be sending out decisions by Feb. 19th. I certainly wasn't expecting it to be the next business day.

Congratulations! :thumbup:

I simply cannot wait any longer. Seriously, if I never post in here again it will be because the suspense literally killed me. I took my blood pressure on my gpa's little machine earlier today and it was 185/80! That is INCREDIBLY high for me! I fear my heart will explode soon, so I need LSU to skin that smokewagon and put me out of my misery :laugh:

Congrats to all the out-of-staters!! That's so exciting :)

I feel ya Pegasus, if we don't find out by Friday it's going to be the longest weekend EVER. Which I believe will be the first time I don't consider that a good thing! I'll probably try to sleep it away.

Agreed. I'd got used to my status updating every day even if nothing changed, but it hasn't been updated in almost a week! I just want to knowwww...

Agreed. I'd got used to my status updating every day even if nothing changed, but it hasn't been updated in almost a week! I just want to knowwww...

Ahhh EC I saw your name pop up on the LSU thread and I immediately thought you had heard good news!! :xf: :xf: for you!

I'm hoping IS and contract seats are offered tomorrow seeing as how OOSs already have acceptances way before deadline. I wonder if they have finished making all OOS offers for the time being? BTW congrats to all the OOS people who have gotten offers. It makes me even more anxious because all the OOS/contract people I met this year were super cool, and I would really like to be a cool kid too :xf::xf::xf:

I'm hoping IS and contract seats are offered tomorrow seeing as how OOSs already have acceptances way before deadline. I wonder if they have finished making all OOS offers for the time being? BTW congrats to all the OOS people who have gotten offers. It makes me even more anxious because all the OOS/contract people I met this year were super cool, and I would really like to be a cool kid too :xf::xf::xf:

Nawh, I'm OOS and i'm still anxiously waiting!! :xf:

haha! good luck to you too, and to everyone else!

I GOT IN! I loved LSU! But i also got into my in-state school... decisions decisions.........

I FOUND YOU! haha! i never was able to find you on Facebook! This is Nicki from the LSU/Auburn/Tufts interviews haha! CONGRATSSSSS!!!

I saw that this thread had an update and checked my status...it updated today! But still says I'm invited to interview. :lame:

I saw that this thread had an update and checked my status...it updated today! But still says I'm invited to interview. :lame:

Me too :( looks like it's going to be a long weekend after all...

PS Noticed there are some people with offers who haven't posted in the acceptances thread, and that's the best part!!! :poke:

I noticed after I posted that the smiley with the stick is maliciously poking the other smiley in the eye. Definitely not trying to poke anyone in the eye, but then again, you certainly can't give a smiley a "kick in the rump" so I guess you have to improvise haha

Hi everyone-this is my 3rd time applying and I have a strong feeling we're going to all find out tomorrow so I'm extremely nervous and losing sleep!!! I'm IS btw.:scared::eek::uhno::help::bang:

Just wanted to let everyone IS know that I have a source that told me that it won't be until the end of this week or possibly next week before we find out... :(:(:scared:

Thanks for the info...I'm so tired of waiting, though!