LSU SVM Class of 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LSU has a tracking system? To what extent is it different from other universities that have core requirements throughout the full DVM program but offer opportunities to insert electives in the later years?

Great question, and I have no idea. :) I'll have to let someone who has looked into a few different schools answer that.

Members don't see this ad.

I seriously have a hate/hate relationship with that damn status checker count down thing. It's driving me nuts.

On another note, does anyone know when they typically start calling off the waitlist and how they notify you if you get accepted off of it?

I seriously have a hate/hate relationship with that damn status checker count down thing. It's driving me nuts.
Agreed. It doesn't help in the slightest that it cautions applicants that our potential acceptance hinges on constantly checking the bleeping thing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know the OOS is going to be at least 6/15 in the next couple of days, since I just sent in my deposit. I can't imagine they'd have sent out too many initial acceptances for such a limited number of spots. In the OOS interview info presentation we were told that either last year or a couple years ago (can't remember), they ended up making offers to everyone that interviewed and then some, so I'd say there is a pretty good chance the wait list will move. As to how soon it will move, who knows.

And then of course the absolute joy of not knowing your position on the wait list just adds to the agony of it all. I just want in somewhere at this point. I can honestly say I no longer care where...haha

My first application, I got called off the OOS waitlist in May (literal phone call, haha). I know a few other OOSers in my class and 2018 who were accepted off the waitlist well into summer. I'm not sure when they start contacting people by phone, though.

Thanks for the info. Do you know how far down the list they went? They gave us a pretty large gap range on the status check so do you know like on average?

I was just offered an OOS position off the waitlist!!

Reactions: 2 users