LSU-SVM Class of 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an email that stated that all out of state applicants had been notified if they were given an interview or not. Unfortunately I didn't make the cut, which is too bad since my calculated GPAs were pretty good. My status in the system check says "no longer under consideration." Congrats to anyone who does get an interview, though!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It may be worth checking again because I just got this email (says it arrived 20 minutes ago) -

Hello ,

All GPA calculations have been completed and official GRE scores have been received and posted to the LSU SVM Online Status Check System. Additionally, the initial ranking for the out-of-state applicants has been completed and the Top 150 Out-of-State applicants have been selected. Only the Top 150 non-resident applicants move into the folder review process. Your record in the LSU SVM Online Status Check System has been updated to reflect whether or not your application has been selected as one of the Top 150 non-resident applicants who will be moving into the folder review process. As such, you are strongly urged to check the LSU SVM Online Status Check System ASAP to learn of this result.

Yikes :nailbiting: time to learn my fate I guess...
so if you're not in the 150 OOS pool, does that pretty much mean you're out of the running for this cycle (as in no chance of alternate)? Because if I'm not moving forward to folder review, then I may un-register Physics II. Every extra class I have to take is a financial squeeze and LSU is the only one I'm applying to right now who required it, so if I have no chance this year then I may as well hold off on taking it until the summer semester for next cycle.

edit: ninja'd! and I did not make the cutoff either unfortunately (I figured). I really hope one of us SDN-ers does!

I also did not make the OOS cut. Granted, not surprised, but oh well. That's 1 down, 7 to go.

If you don't need physics II for any of your other schools, I would remove it personally. I hated physics and really wish that KSU didn't require it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone else. made the OOS cut!

Reactions: 2 users
It says my folder is under review. :soexcited:

Reactions: 6 users
I'm OOS and my folder is now under review!! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
I am also under review OOS! Yay! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Sorry to everyone that didn't make the cut. And congrats to those who did! I'm IS so that may be the difference!

Emergency!!

What type of microbiology class are they accepting as your prereq? I took an introductory class that was the only thing offered by my school at the time. It's worked for other students. However, I just noticed that a general micro course is being offered next semester. Should I take that too? I emailed them but I really want to figure it out before I register!

Ok so I just talked to my friend who submitted earlier than I did and he said that accepted the intro. Hopefully they do the same for me!

Last edited:
If they accept your class, I would use that. There's no point in paying for a class you don't need.

Jared confirmed with me that will accept my intro course. Thank goddddddd

My numbers are in today. My required course GPA is wayyyyy higher than I thought it would be. I am ecstatic!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm confused, I've seen that several oos have been either passed on to review or are no longer in consideration, but my check system says that they haven't ran rankings yet??? Could it be because I'm from Arkansas and we have the contract seat arrangement? Update: never mind! I read that all Arkansas residents are automatically sent on to folder review!

Last edited:
Had a dream last night that I didn't make it but that Damon from Vampire Diaries told me that he did... I need to know already!

They really set back their tentative oos interview dates!

Hey @hrcline has your status check updated to reflect folder reviews yet? Mine still only says "application checklist complete" as of this afternoon and I'm a Louisiana resident.

Hey @hrcline has your status check updated to reflect folder reviews yet? Mine still only says "application checklist complete" as of this afternoon and I'm a Louisiana resident.
Yea, mine says the same thing!

Has anybody else had to turn in an application to attain residency status? I turned mine in a while ago and haven't heard anything, just wondering if anyone in the same boat has

I'm supposed to, I haven't yet. I heard that it's best to apply for that in January? Maybe that's just an Arkansas thing.

I also still have "application checklist complete." I'm in state. I'm hoping they post something before Christmas time.

I also still have "application checklist complete." I'm in state. I'm hoping they post something before Christmas time.

They said they'll be trying to get invites out before he office closes on the 17th, but I'm not sure that's happening at this rate.

Oh wow that would be awesome. My application for in-state residency was supposed to take 2-3 weeks and took closer to 4 for their decision though so they do seem to be a little bogged down.

An interview invite would certainly be a really wonderful early Christmas gift

This is an email I got last Monday

Dear *******,

The tentative interview dates have been updated on the LSU SVM Online Status Check System at www.lsu.edu/vetmed/dvm_admissions as you can see in the Admissions Timeline section. This will at least give you a better idea of when you might expect to interview at the LSU SVM. That being said, we have NOT yet made any interview invitations at this time. We are still in the final stages of the applicant folder review process, after which time the LSU SVM's Admissions Committee will start making its decisions on who they would like to interview. We are hoping to make these interview notifications available in the LSU SVM Online Status Check System before the LSU SVM Admissions Office closes for the holidays (on December 17th).

More details will be sent out in the next week or so regarding possible interview invitations and specific dates/times.

As always, please remember to frequently check the LSU SVM Online Status Check system.

It may be worth checking again because I just got this email (says it arrived 20 minutes ago) -

Hello ,

All GPA calculations have been completed and official GRE scores have been received and posted to the LSU SVM Online Status Check System. Additionally, the initial ranking for the out-of-state applicants has been completed and the Top 150 Out-of-State applicants have been selected. Only the Top 150 non-resident applicants move into the folder review process. Your record in the LSU SVM Online Status Check System has been updated to reflect whether or not your application has been selected as one of the Top 150 non-resident applicants who will be moving into the folder review process. As such, you are strongly urged to check the LSU SVM Online Status Check System ASAP to learn of this result.

Yikes :nailbiting: time to learn my fate I guess...
so if you're not in the 150 OOS pool, does that pretty much mean you're out of the running for this cycle (as in no chance of alternate)? Because if I'm not moving forward to folder review, then I may un-register Physics II. Every extra class I have to take is a financial squeeze and LSU is the only one I'm applying to right now who required it, so if I have no chance this year then I may as well hold off on taking it until the summer semester for next cycle.

edit: ninja'd! and I did not make the cutoff either unfortunately (I figured). I really hope one of us SDN-ers does!

Can I just say something? Im not even applying to LMU and appreciate their communication and clarity with their process!

Oh man my nerves are going to be shot after this week. I was staying pretty calm but that's all changing very rapidly.
:barf:

The status check system is driving me insane! :scared:

Is anyone else getting a software error when logging in to the check system?

Hopefully they are updating the system... :rolleyes:

I'm still getting it! Yeah lol maybe they're making some big changes. Someone should call/email!

It's fixed but unfortunately nothings changed for me. Still says last updated Dec 3. Anybody see anything different?

Yup, still the same for me. last updated on December 3rd. And December 17th is next Thursday.

Dear 2016 applicant,

The LSU SVM is currently experiencing difficulties with our WebAdMIT admissions software. The company is working to resolve these issues; however, until a resolution is found, the LSU SVM Online Status Check cannot be updated. We have been told that the issues with WebAdMIT should be resolved by Tuesday, December 15th, at which time we will make all necessary updates to applicant records regarding prerequisite coursework updates, receipt of official transcripts, status updates, and more. We have logged all emails received this week regarding prerequisites/transcripts and will be making updates to the system as soon as it is available to us.

Applicants will receive email notifications once the LSU SVM Online Status Check System has been updated next week.

Thank you for your patience.

Sooooooo anyone thinking what I'm thinking?

Dear 2016 applicant,

The LSU SVM is currently experiencing difficulties with our WebAdMIT admissions software. The company is working to resolve these issues; however, until a resolution is found, the LSU SVM Online Status Check cannot be updated. We have been told that the issues with WebAdMIT should be resolved by Tuesday, December 15th, at which time we will make all necessary updates to applicant records regarding prerequisite coursework updates, receipt of official transcripts, status updates, and more. We have logged all emails received this week regarding prerequisites/transcripts and will be making updates to the system as soon as it is available to us.

Applicants will receive email notifications once the LSU SVM Online Status Check System has been updated next week.

Thank you for your patience.

Sooooooo anyone thinking what I'm thinking?
What are you thinking? I was kind of thinking we may not hear back by the 17th

Guys, I really think this week is the week. I woke up with butterflies in my stomach and I had a dream about it!

Omg I'm dying... Nothing :scared:

They updated the portal. Got an interview invite!

I got an interview too!

Got an interview homes!!!

Just got an invite to interview!!! Congrats to all the other interviewees!

Me too!!! Does anyone know how many people they interview?