LSU-SVM Class of 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wish I could have come to open house... Just didn't want to make the four hour drive four times in a week :(

Members don't see this ad.

Just tell him if you get an AR contract seat, it'll save him a ton of money! Sometimes money is the way to negotiate with men ;) I'm glad to hear you liked it, I'm excited to go now!
Lol that's pretty much the case! There was soooo much going on at open house. It was fun, but almost too busy to really get the full experience of the school, I had a more intimate and fun time during the tours that the students gave the night before. Ask to see the cat room! It's my favorite!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Yes, we went, but it was way too busy to really talk with everyone. I didn't know that he was allowed in the waiting room. There wasn't anyone else with the interviewees. They were ahead on interviews so I wasn't even in there very long. The interview itself went great! They were so nice and I didn't feel intimidated. The admin staff are great too!

I'm sorry. It was super crowded at the Open House today; so it would be hard to pick everyone's brain.
Best of luck! If you get in, I hope you convince him.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol that's pretty much the case! There was soooo much going on at open house. It was fun, but almost too busy to really get the full experience of the school, I had a more intimate and fun time during the tours that the students gave the night before. Ask to see the cat room! It's my favorite!

Sadly IS doesn't get all the fun stuff you guys do. They just told us to show up at the interview room 40 minutes early lol. I assume this is because the overwhelming majority of LA applicants are at LSU for UG and the rest of us have visited at some point. I wanted to come in monday and do a private tour but I have a biochem test that I can't miss!

So, this is super crazy, but I interviewed this afternoon and Jared called me just over an hour ago to let me know that I've been accepted!!! I cried when I heard the message. I'm freaking out. This is amazing.

Reactions: 5 users
So, this is super crazy, but I interviewed this afternoon and Jared called me just over an hour ago to let me know that I've been accepted!!! I cried when I heard the message. I'm freaking out. This is amazing.
Oh my goodness, that's fantastic! Congratulations!!! You must have really impressed them :)

Wow!! I've never heard of phone calls being done before. You must have really made a mark! :)

Congratulations!

It makes we wonder if they're going to make calls this year since interviews took place a lot later than they have in past years and they want to notify us ASAP before the April 15th deadline, since they won't update status check until Monday.

It makes we wonder if they're going to make calls this year since interviews took place a lot later than they have in past years and they want to notify us ASAP before the April 15th deadline, since they won't update status check until Monday.
I am really, really hoping this is the case.

Reactions: 1 user
I am really, really hoping this is the case.
Waiting for the call from MS State was simultaneously the most nervewracking and awesome experience of this app cycle (yet).

Waiting for the call from MS State was simultaneously the most nervewracking and awesome experience of this app cycle (yet).
Hahaha I bet it was! Must have been a great feeling when you did get the call, though :D

I hope decisions come through fast for IS applicants. I really just want to know!

Me too!! I have decisions to make! I'm still skeptical because they moved open house back a lot too. I honestly thought that they moved interviews back because of the fiasco with PTE and VMCAS in general, but I'm probably wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you everyone! :) He said that the committee who interviewed me wanted him to call me immediately to make an offer. I thought my interview went well, but I never imagined that it went THAT well. He mentioned that the Status check system would be updated between Monday and Wednesday. Good luck to those of you who have yet to interview!!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you everyone! :) He said that the committee who interviewed me wanted him to call me immediately to make an offer. I thought my interview went well, but I never imagined that it went THAT well. He mentioned that the Status check system would be updated between Monday and Wednesday. Good luck to those of you who have yet to interview!!

That's so amazing!! Come be a louisianian!!

That's so amazing!! Come be a louisianian!!
That's the plan! I should be writing a lab report, but I'm too excited so I'm shopping for LSU gear instead.

So, does that mean that those of us who haven't heard shouldn't panic yet, or should I start crying into my Sazerac?

So, does that mean that those of us who haven't heard shouldn't panic yet, or should I start crying into my Sazerac?

If you look at past threads, I have never ever ever heard of phone calls being made. They say all the time the only decisions will be made through status check. I think vdubs just really knocked it out of the park with her panel. Don't freak out!

lol, while I'm thrilled for dubs, I have to admit that I have. been. freaking. out.

Wow that is so awesome!!! Congratulations! How exciting you must have made a huge impact on them today!
I do wonder if they're going to call all acceptances...hmmmm

I'm sorry!! I don't want you guys to freak out. I know how horrible and nerve-wracking that is. This was probably a really rare thing. It was super unexpected. I was anticipating having to wait a few weeks to hear back from them. So please don't panic!! The fact that you got an interview means that you are an awesome and well-qualified applicant and will likely get an admissions offer as well!!!

I'm sorry!! I don't want you guys to freak out. I know how horrible and nerve-wracking that is. This was probably a really rare thing. It was super unexpected. I was anticipating having to wait a few weeks to hear back from them. So please don't panic!! The fact that you got an interview means that you are an awesome and well-qualified applicant and will likely get an admissions offer as well!!!
Hey, you've earned the right to celebrate. Don't worry about the rest of us neurotic folks right now. Just enjoy the fact that you're in!!! Congratulations!

What do we do with our bags? Since it's going to be rainy on Monday I figure I'll have to bring an umbrella, a raincoat or both. And I was planning on bringing a hairbrush in case it's windy (this sounds trifling as I type) and a washcloth in case I have to wipe mud off of my shoes or something. Is it unprofessional to bring a purse into the interview?

I brought mine with me! It was a nice neutral bag that matched my blouse.

What time are y'all's interviews tomorrow (yes, I just said y'all's )

Best of luck tomorrow!!

I'm starting to get some jitters. Coffee this morning was definitely a BAD idea, keeping that in mind for tomorrow...

Good luck everybody!!

Does anyone know who to contact to get the email addresses of our interviewers in order to send thank you emails?

Mine is at 8:40 tomorrow. Eek!

Does anyone know who to contact to get the email addresses of our interviewers in order to send thank you emails?
You could probably call or email the admissions office. They gave me the names of my interviewers before I left.
Best of luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!

Had mine this morning! I felt like it went well overall - there are a few answers I felt just okay about, but then one that I felt I hit a home run on. Now I get to be a nervous wreck until we hear about acceptances. :nailbiting:

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!

The more I think about it, the less good I feel about it. I'm just over analyzing and my fresh memories of the experience are gone... Is it next week yet?

The more I think about it, the less good I feel about it. I'm just over analyzing and my fresh memories of the experience are gone... Is it next week yet?
I suspect we're all doing the same. Hang in there. You're your own worst critic, and I bet you hit it out of the park.

Soooooo any current student want to enlighten me on the potential school closures tomorrow??

Please!! I drove 4 hours lol
It has to get really bad for them to close - in three years of undergrad, I've only seen it happen three times. Twice in the winter of 2013/14 for snow days, and once last spring for a tornado warning... but plenty of other times they've stayed open in bad weather even when other schools were closing. It just depends on how hard the actual campus gets hit.

Welp. Spoke too soon. Classes are cancelled starting at noon. But the email says school offices will remain open, so I would imagine interviews are still on? I would assume yes until Jared says otherwise.

Yeah sounds like it. I called the SVM just to try it but all it is is hospital staff. And I emailed Jared. Pretty sure I'm on though

Yeah sounds like it. I called the SVM just to try it but all it is is hospital staff. And I emailed Jared. Pretty sure I'm on though
Be safe! And most of all, good luck tomorrow!

Done! Loved the school and everyone was so very friendly!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, just saw this on LSU's facebook page:

After speaking to University personnel, all offices must close at 12:00pm today. As such, the LSU SVM Admissions Office will NOT be holding applicant interviews this afternoon. We will contact you to reschedule these interviews in the near future.

Again, interviews for this afternoon between 1:00pm to 5:00pm on February 23rd are cancelled so please do not brave the storm to try to get here. The LSU SVM Admissions Office will email you within the next few days with more details about rescheduling; however, at this time we have no information on this.

Hey everyone, just saw this on LSU's facebook page:

After speaking to University personnel, all offices must close at 12:00pm today. As such, the LSU SVM Admissions Office will NOT be holding applicant interviews this afternoon. We will contact you to reschedule these interviews in the near future.

Again, interviews for this afternoon between 1:00pm to 5:00pm on February 23rd are cancelled so please do not brave the storm to try to get here. The LSU SVM Admissions Office will email you within the next few days with more details about rescheduling; however, at this time we have no information on this.

Very scary!