Lumadent loupes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teethlovin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own a pair or have an opinion about them?
These vs. q-optics and DFV
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have them. Got them recently. Really like the flip-ups. I didn't get TTL. DFV is only TTL, I didn't find Q-optics spectacular in any way. They're $300-500 cheaper than most other brands. The guys at the company can get them to you in a week or so. I also got a student discount. I bought the 3.3's and they're close to the Orascoptics my friends have. They're significantly nicer than the 3.5's from ebay that are $75.

Don is here with LumaDent... so my answer will be bias :)
We started working on loupes about 2 year ago, and we always wanted to do loupes the same way we have done with our LED headlight.... Make quality products affordable. The reviews so far on our loupes is very good on optical quality and the wrap-around aluminum frame is solid...
Please throw me more specific questions, I will be happy to answer.

Just as an aside, I have worked with LumaDent for 2 going on 3 years now since I am the class rep for LumaDent here at UConn. I cannot speak for their loupes, but they are a great company to deal with. Just an FYI.