Lynchburg

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlexFLA

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard from Lynchburg yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I received an email telling me that they were unable to come to a final decision on my application. They were going to keep reviewing until a decision could be made.

I got that exact same email! The lady told me I had a strong application and they would be looking at it more after the early decision.

I have not been hear great things about the town Lynchburg is in.... Does somebody have anything positive to say?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have nothing negative to say about Lynchburg (city). I did my undergrad about 45 minutes away and have lots of friends in that area. If you enjoy the outdoors, there is plenty to do. I enjoy smaller towns vs. big cities.

Just give me a gym and a walmart and I'm good lol I would go to the University of Antarctica if I had to, it's only three years

I just received a phone call from Lynchburg telling me I was accepted!

I was wondering if there are any current Lynchburg students here that could share their thoughts on the program or the area.

I was wondering if there are any current Lynchburg students here that could share their thoughts on the program or the area.
No interview?

Congratulations! I am a current student at LC. I love it personally its a perfect match for me anyway. Its very much a family atmosphere. The facilities are the best out of any of the schools I went and visited in florida, virginia, tennessee and arkansas (and I visited some bigger schools too). The classes all get along well together and we help each other out. We study together and when we have time we play together. The faculty are very down to earth and are always available to help with anything. I really don't have anything bad to say about it but I am biased I suppose. When i was looking at schools over a year ago I had it at the bottom of my list (just based on that it was a smaller school) but then when i visited it I was very impressed and it was my first choice from then on out. Lynchburg is a cool town its not huge but there is stuff to do. I did move from a small town in NC so that might be perspective but I feel it has everything I want in a city. Very pretty area and a lot of outdoor activity opportunities if that suits your fancy. Any specific questions I can do my best to answer I will. Again congratulations on getting in.

Congratulations! I am a current student at LC. I love it personally its a perfect match for me anyway. Its very much a family atmosphere. The facilities are the best out of any of the schools I went and visited in florida, virginia, tennessee and arkansas (and I visited some bigger schools too). The classes all get along well together and we help each other out. We study together and when we have time we play together. The faculty are very down to earth and are always available to help with anything. I really don't have anything bad to say about it but I am biased I suppose. When i was looking at schools over a year ago I had it at the bottom of my list (just based on that it was a smaller school) but then when i visited it I was very impressed and it was my first choice from then on out. Lynchburg is a cool town its not huge but there is stuff to do. I did move from a small town in NC so that might be perspective but I feel it has everything I want in a city. Very pretty area and a lot of outdoor activity opportunities if that suits your fancy. Any specific questions I can do my best to answer I will. Again congratulations on getting in.

Thanks for the response! From looking around it seems that students really like the school. The only thing that worries me is that since it is a new program that information isnt available such as graduation rate and NPTE pass rate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. Do you mind posting some general stats?

Sure. I had a 3.96 GPA, 320 GRE, 120 observation hours, and not a super large amount of extracurriculars but I had some.

Sure. I had a 3.96 GPA, 320 GRE, 120 observation hours, and not a super large amount of extracurriculars but I had some.
Wow! Thanks. I am no where near that. Congrats!

Thanks for the response! From looking around it seems that students really like the school. The only thing that worries me is that since it is a new program that information isnt available such as graduation rate and NPTE pass rate.
They told us the class that just graduated the NPTE percentage pass was around 93% on first take which is really good for a new program! ( I can't remember exactly but that's what it was around give or take a percent or 2 from my memory. I know they've tweaked the curriculum a bit since that class started (for the better) so its not the same as it was.

They told us the class that just graduated the NPTE percentage pass was around 93% on first take which is really good for a new program! ( I can't remember exactly but that's what it was around give or take a percent or 2 from my memory. I know they've tweaked the curriculum a bit since that class started (for the better) so its not the same as it was.

Well that is good to know! Honestly when I first applied it was towards the bottom of my list, but seems like there are some good things about the program. I've got until February 22nd to make a decision between there and some other programs, so I'm going to try to visit the university before then and see the area, look at cost of living there, etc.

If you are waitlisted, there may be some movement soon. I believe a number of people like myself were accepted on Jan 24th and had until yesterday to put down a deposit, so if anone didn't put down a deposit there should be some movement soon.

I just was accepted to my top choice school so I will be declining Lynchburg's offer soon, so hopefully a spot will open up for one of you wait listers. Good luck!

Thank you for letting us know TTU14! This is my 3rd year applying to PT school and some good news really would bring my spirits around.

Anyone on the wait list been accepted yet? Do you know if they've ranked their alternate list?
I'm wait listed an anxious to find out if I get in!

How many people are usually on their wait list?