MA MPJE Reciprocity and Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fitgirl108

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I'm an Rph in TX..about to take the MA license exam MPJE- Would anyone happen to have notes from your school they would be willing to share? Would be very much appreciated..Stay blessed! Also I'll be asking qs on this thread, hoping for help from you !

Members don't see this ad.

In Chapter 112 24 b 1/2 Collaborative drug therapy mgmt, it says RPH in RETAIL setting cannot prescripe c2-5..but it does not mention if in the other settings i.e. LTC, Hospice, hospital, ambultory...Can the Rph prescribe c2-5 in those settings?

Does the patient have to be 18 years old for the Rph to presciube meds, under CDTM, in the non retail setting: ambulatory, hospice, hospital, LTC...? It doesnt mention what the restrictions are for the non retail settings

What is a "pharmacist assistant"? I see this term appear as a person that "fails the licensure exam", can act as a "phcy assistant" and also a perosn authorized to sell hypodermic syringes, is a "pharmacy assitant"...But no definition of that..And I dont believe its the equivalent of a pharmacy intern at least by their definitions it is not.

Members don't see this ad :)
When it says " the survining spouse, excetuor, or administrator of a registered rph who has died, may continue his business under a registered rph"...does that mean that the surviving sps does NOT have to be an RPH himself? This is kinda confusing to me if someone can explain..Not sure how an non RPH can run a business without if being an RPH

Controlled Substances Act: Section 8:..."the administering or dispensing directy, or prescribing of narcotic drugs listed in any schedule to a narcotic drug dep. person for the purpose of contuing his depend.upon such drugs in the course of conducting an authorized clinical investiagin pursuant to a narcotic addict rehabilitation program shall be deemed to be withing the meaning of the term "in the course of professional practice"....

BUT then in same Ch 94 Sec 19, it says " a prescription shall not be issued for the dispensing of drugs or controlled substances....listed in any sched to a drug dep person for the purposes of contuing his depenedance, in the course of conducting an authorized clinical inv'n pursuant to an addict rehab program"

This is a little conflicting how in one section it says its ok to disp, and other section its not ok..can someone explain?

Does anyone have any study charts for the CONTROLLED SUBTANCES ACT chapter? Could really use some help here

Are the CE r equirements now 40 contact hours per renewal cycle? The MA BOP hasnt updated the CMR! Still says 15 required per year...

They mention controls can be filled via internet pharmacy, does that include c2? i'm sure it doesnt, but they dont mention

ANYONE HAVE ANY MASSACHUSETTS STUDY GUIDES/CHARTS FOR THE CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE PORTION? NEED HELP

Reactions: 1 user
Hi All, I'm an Rph in TX..about to take the MA license exam MPJE- Would anyone happen to have notes from your school they would be willing to share? Would be very much appreciated..Stay blessed! Also I'll be asking qs on this thread, hoping for help from you !
Hi! Have you taken the exam yet? Let me know if you haven't and I will answer some of those questions you posted. I have yet to take it myself but went to school in Boston and work in the commonwealth so some of this is a little bit more familiar to me.