Mailing extracted teeth?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morning92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I've collected extracted teeth for months now in preparation for dental school. Unfortunately, I forgot roughly half of them back in my home state and am now trying to figure out how to transport them across the country without having to physically drive them to school. I've called UPS and the regular post, but neither of the people I've spoken to are sure of their policy on shipping human teeth. I'm also fairly nervous about trying to take them on a plane following winter break as I don't want the formalin to leak in my luggage/my bag to be held. Does anyone have experience with or a solution for this particular issue?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a dentist ship teeth to me from two states away. I believe he just used the regular USPS. Put the jar in a manila envelope and go to the post office to have them mailed to you. They are not infectious as long as they have been soaking in 10% bleach solution.

Don't tell them what is in it. Better to seek forgiveness than ask permission.