Major Decisions

Ok, let's get this thread back on track. I reread the original post. Here's my advice to the OP (who is going to read the above posts and be really confused):
It's clear you're unsure about your career path, and I suggest you major in whatever you want freshman and sophomore years of college. Those years will be spent doing core classes, so don't worry about not having a concrete major. During this time you should shadow in a health care setting -- preferably a hospital as it has both doctors and nurses -- to see the jobs and skills of both vastly different positions. Hopefully this will put your anxieties at ease and help you decide what's best for you. x

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Indeed
P.S
I can't wait to see RAINDROPx become a nurse. It's usually the more vocal ones, who end up loving the career anyways.
good thing I have 3 interviews from medical schools already :)
didn't realize I was in the hs forum btw. This explains the hormonal rages. goodbye and gl kiddos.

Reactions: 1 users
Definitely did not expect this many interesting replies when I checked my phone! Thank you all, I will definitely be considering everything written here when deciding my major. :)

Reactions: 1 user
didn't realize I was in the hs forum btw. This explains the hormonal rages. goodbye and gl kiddos.
Good luck dude!
P.S Don't leave here you have some crucial advice I bet ;)

Medical schools offer nursing programs nowdays?

I was unaware.

I was unaware.
Please do not disrespect any profession. Your immaturity is disgusting and unappealing, especially for someone who identifies as a "premed." Perhaps you should rethink your choice to go into a career where you will work with nurses on a daily basis.

What happened to "Goodbye" and GL kiddos?

Please do not disrespect any profession. Your immaturity is disgusting and unappealing, especially for someone who identifies as a "premed." Perhaps you should rethink your choice to go into a career where you will work with nurses on a daily basis.

Who disrespected which Profession? I simply stated " I did not know Medical schools hosted nursing programs ". What is wrong with that? that is nothing to be ashamed of. Some of us want to serve the community in other positions, via it be a nurse in your case.

Please read the post.

I was unaware.

Hi, just seeking some opinions regarding what to major in. I'm a high school senior and I am not entirely sure of where in healthcare I want to be. I am stuck deciding between becoming an NP, PA, or MD. I can double major at because of my AP credits, but I don't know what to major in. I like the idea of majoring in nursing and another science (biology, chemistry, biomedical science), but what if I decide to become a PA or an MD? I have heard that admissions departments avoid nursing majors like the plague, and I don't want one small thing to be the end of my medical career. However, if I chose my Plan B (Majoring in Biomedical Sciences and English), reject the idea of becoming an NP, and don't get accepted into any graduate programs, I don't know that I would find a job that could sustain me until the next application cycle. I'd be wanting that nursing degree then. So my question is, what did you/will you major in? Looking for some advice. Thanks in advance, it was kind of a long post.
Major in something that interests you and worry about which pre-health path you may be interested in later! Try shadowing doctors or talking to premed advisor

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree, nursing is an important profession that is required to help develop healthcare across the United States. Most of my medical schools in my state, do not offer nursing programs, instead they have PHD/MD developed cores.

No one has even suggested that nursing is not an honest living.

https://www.aamc.org/students/aspiring/basics/284762/application4.html
Some schools include colleges of different health professions if that's what you are referring to. ie. they have a separate college of nursing, dental, medical, etc. A medical school per se does not include nursing

What happened to "Goodbye" and GL kiddos?

Who disrespected which Profession? I simply stated " I did not know Medical schools hosted nursing programs ". What is wrong with that? that is nothing to be ashamed of. Some of us want to serve the community in other positions, via it be a nurse in your case.

Please read the post.
This is raising my concerns about your intellectual abilities as well, as I have stated before that I am going to medical school. No, they do not including nursing program; hence they are called a medical school. Make use of google, it can come in handy ;)
Indeed
P.S
I can't wait to see RAINDROPx become a nurse. It's usually the more vocal ones, who end up loving the career anyways.
Are you implying this is not disrespectful to the nursing profession? Let me enlighten you. Nurses do not need to be "more vocal", and there is nothing wrong with those who choose to pursue this career. Learn to respect everyone, because your sense of entitlement as a high school student who has yet to even pass a college level class or take the mcat is concerning. If you are in fact a college student, then this raises even more serious concerns about your immaturity.

You are a nurse, why on earth are you receiving a medical school interview? They don't host nursing programs.

" Indeed
P.S
I can't wait to see RAINDROPx become a nurse. It's usually the more vocal ones, who end up loving the career anyways. "

You are hesitant about your career, and vocally opress it. I am saying " that those who are more vocal, usually end up loving it more often than not" . That post was referring to RAin directly.

Goodbye?

This is like one of those classic horror movies. The ghoul won't die, but comes back after the HERO time and time again.

You are a nurse, why on earth are you receiving a medical school interview? They don't host nursing programs.

" Indeed
P.S
I can't wait to see RAINDROPx become a nurse. It's usually the more vocal ones, who end up loving the career anyways. "

You are hesitant about your career, and vocally opress it. I am saying " that those who are more vocal, usually end up loving it more often than not" . That post was referring to RAin directly.
Nope, not a nurse. Not sure where you got that, but please learn to read :)

Goodbye?

This is like one of those classic horror movies. The ghoul won't die, but comes back after the HERO time and time again.
One day when you finally grow up, you'll cringe at how immature you were :) For now, I'll forgive it as you're a teenager with raging hormones.

Christ go to college, get out the book or online guide that indicates what gen ed credits you have to do no matter what major or BS or BA 4 yr degree you want, and look there for what's interesting, and see how well you can overlap any classes you choose with med school pre-req's.

Most colleges want you to do 2 yrs foreign language. I suggest Spanish.

For med school you need intro to prob and stats, so figure out what pre-req math you may or may not need for that.

That should get you started.

Mandarin is also v. useful. I believe Sinai likes Mandarin or Spanish fluent applicants.

One day when you finally grow up, you'll cringe at how immature you were :) For now, I'll forgive it as you're a teenager with raging hormones.

I highly doubt a real medical student would even waste his time responding to a "Hormonal teen". Therefore, it is either (A) you are not a medical student or (B) I am not a hormonal teen.

I highly doubt a real medical student would even waste his time responding to a "Hormonal teen". Therefore, it is either (A) you are not a medical student or (B) I am not a hormonal teen.
Again, please learn to read, as I told you I received interview invitations for medical school. This means I am still in undergrad, and in the application stage. Again, google helps :D

nuff said