Major error on AMCAS, what do I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evvnvd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i could use some advice bc im stressing out.

One of my activities i miscalculated hours...it was 4hr/month over like 8 years. It was volunteering at a rehab center where my mom works. I was really the only volunteer, they had no system because it was so small and only let me in bc i asked if i could help. I was stupid and multiplied by 8hr/month so the work doubled...

To add, my contact just quit the job. Im scared if they contact the center they might not know me. I wasnt there everyday and a lot of people have quit and new ones come in. My contact quit right after i submitted my primary bc the new boss wasnt to her liking, I know very few of the new people and was usually in rooms with patients.

Should i email the schools about the errors and provide an alternate number to call my contact? Considering i did it so long i feel they might call....I really want to smash my head into a wall right now...

My amcas has not been verified yet.

Members don't see this ad.

You got her fired so she couldn't confirm that you lied on your application, didn't you? Impressive!

Reactions: 1 user
Address the mistake in secondaries that give you space to do so or email the schools once you are verified. No school will hold it against it you as you attempted to correct your mistake once you realized.

Don't smash your head into a wall or worry about this anymore.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would email each school after you're verified about the hours error. If they contact the center, I wouldn't worry. If you were there for 8 years, I'm sure someone could confirm you were a volunteer. It can sometimes seem like coworkers don't notice you as a volunteer, but I'm sure they did.

Tbh, my gut feeling tells me this is a post to either a) see what would happen after submitting falsified hours or b) get a feel for whether it would be possible to get away with falsifying hours.

Yes, you can and nobody will likely catch you. Even with 100000 hours though, it won't be your magic ticket.

Tbh, my gut feeling tells me this is a post to either a) see what would happen after submitting falsified hours or b) get a feel for whether it would be possible to get away with falsifying hours.

Yes, you can and nobody will likely catch you. Even with 100000 hours though, it won't be your magic ticket.

I don't care what you say, 100,000 hours in an activity is some impressive ****.

She left because of new management. I literally did not sleep because of this. I don't want to lie, it was unintentional. And really i just fear the new ppl will answer and be like, what volunteer? Since I'm the only one. I also feel that contact could say more about me if asked other than that i was there

If i wanted to lie, i wouldn't have payed about my mistake or lost sleep/hair after realizing it.

If i wanted to lie, i wouldn't have payed about my mistake or lost sleep/hair after realizing it.
Haha yea I saw your reaction on the other thread you posted. My bad :p