About the ads

Major issues in pharmacy today and in the future....

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by drugdoc, Jan 10, 2007.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. drugdoc

drugdoc Member

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Opinion - What do you believe is the main issue regarding pharmacy today? What do you think the main issue will be 10 years from now? Main issue meaning something that needs to be addressed/changed.....
  2. Doctor M

Doctor M

Pharmacist
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    Insurance reimbursement and ins ins ins. They make pharmacy into a joke. I actually had a doctor, yes the doctor himself, tell me that i should be the one who knows what is on the patients formulary. I should be the one calling the ins to see what is covered and whay is not. If I did that i would not get my work done. Retail is a joke, but i guess it comes with the territory. I am gonna look at my options.

Dr. M
  3. sdn1977

sdn1977 Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    hmmmm...I think you're looking for an answer to a potential interview question.

Have you tried the search function? There a whole threads devoted to this same question....most of us have commented before on those threads.

Come back if you can't find what you're looking for....but remember - they want to know what YOU think (not us - we're already in the business).
  4. drugdoc

drugdoc Member

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    I am actually interested in what current pharmacy students believe are the issues versus practicing pharmacists or incoming students. You all are the ones with the most access to current issues, since you have access to 100 other students as well as your professors, visiting professos and speakers, and student clubs and organizations, which those not in pharmacy school yet don't have access to.
  5. konkan

konkan coup de grace

Pharmacist
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    I would say automatization of pharmacy services, but it's been on for 10-15 years and, for the most part, nothing has changed...
  6. meg

meg Member

SDN 5+ Year Member
  7. sdn1977

sdn1977 Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Well...hopefully, you'll get more student answers because these aren't the big ones.

I'm a practicing pharmacist, so I'll refrain....but hopefully some of the other students will chime in here....
  8. bananaface

bananaface Pharmacy Supernerd Staff Member Administrator SDN Senior Moderator Lifetime Donor

Pharmacist
    Pharmacist Rocket Scientist NCPA Kappa Psi SDN 10+ Year Member
    Current students read both forums. Is this interview prep? School project?
  9. Caverject

Caverject Try Some Schnitzel!

Kappa Psi Army SDN 10+ Year Member
    I believe pharmacists do not masturbate nearly enough...that is a huge issue in the profession...on top of our 30 minute lunch breaks, I demand 10-15 minute bathroom breaks
  10. konkan

konkan coup de grace

Pharmacist
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    hey, caverjet
    who are you a girl or a guy? or you've just become one big masturbating machine :) ?